Internet & Telephony

Wi-Fi, router, security, data, emails . . . we answer all your Internet and Home Phone questions!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Helix and Google WiFi Mesh network - it works

Just want to share my experience with Helix and Google Wifi mesh network as when I was subscribing no one seemed to know if it would work or not. The short answer is it works perfectly - but requires some manual adjustments.  1. Set-up your helix wif...

Resolved! How to login to helix fi gateway?

Hello I'm trying to figure out what the default password for the helix fi gateway is? I know the page is 10.0.0.1 but ive tried several logins with no success

Rezosh by Initiate
  • 17 replies
  • 4 kudos

Helix Internet & Illico TV?

Is this possible? Could we split the coax cable and run it into the gateway and modem and then use the former for the internet and the latter for the TV? I ask because there are some limitations w/ Helix TV that are deal-breakers for me:Inability to ...

MrBill by Initiate
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Helix with Wired-Only setup, or how to turn off WiFi

A friend of mine just got off the phone with Videotron for Internet service but has yet to go with them until the below can be confirmed.They only want wired Internet services (Internet-supplying coax and the ability to use RJ-45 ethernet). That mean...

zorg by Initiate
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Helix pods as wireless access points

Hello, I have the Helix internet with Videotron, and have the router (white model) and 2 Helix Pods (newer model).My house is wired with a switch and has ethernet jacks in most rooms, however, the router is in the basement and wifi does not extend to...

Helix LOG

Bonjour, Quand j'essais de faire un download des log firewall, il me download seulement les deux ligne qui donne le résultat des bloquage fait, comment faire pour avoir la liste complete, meme chose event et system il est vide

andre60 by Spartan
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Phone not compatable with service plan!

Two months ago on the advice of a Videotron technician I replaced my Bell landline phone with a TCLFlip phone purchased from Videotron for calling and perhaps texting. Two months later the phone would no longer connect to Videotron's  telephone netwo...

JamesAC by Initiate
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Helix and Google WiFi Mesh network - it works

Just want to share my experience with Helix and Google Wifi mesh network as when I was subscribing no one seemed to know if it would work or not. The short answer is it works perfectly - but requires some manual adjustments.  1. Set-up your helix wif...

Wi-fi seems to be always on?

Hi, By going to 10.0.0.1, I can change my wi-fi option.  I can choose to turn on or off the wi-fi.  However, even after turning off the wi-fi option, there  are plenty of wireless activities next to the Helix Gateway, which is quite concerning.   Thi...

rtigger by Initiate
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos