Devices, packages, apps: start the conversation

Why no VoLTE when switching from Contract to BYOD?

Reply
gmd
Officer

Re: Why no VoLTE when switching from Contract to BYOD?

One of our phones is a Samsung A5 bought from another Canadian carrier.

 

Haven't changed the CSC (which would return it to factory default), but I assumed that doing so wouldn't make it automatically work.

Super utilisateur

Re: Why no VoLTE when switching from Contract to BYOD?


@gmd wrote:

One of our phones is a Samsung A5 bought from another Canadian carrier.

 

Haven't changed the CSC (which would return it to factory default), but I assumed that doing so wouldn't make it automatically work.


if you have the 2017 A5, a compatible sim card and VoLTE option added to your account, there's a good chance that VoLTE will work if you change the CSC (may not be necessary) since the A5 is supported by Videotron on VoLTE. 

Officer

Re: Why no VoLTE when switching from Contract to BYOD?

@gmd Nope, it's not automatic, BUT it did work for me for my old S7Edge. You WILL have to call tech support to get it activated - the folks at the kiosk were completely unable to help me.

As you said, the downside is that changing the CSC requires a FD.

 

On the same topic (and folks here know my beef with VoLTE and VoWiFi at Videotron) despite everyone saying that on Rogers you can ONLY get these features on the phones they sell to you (and claiming they verify IMEI) I put a Rogers SIM in my VTR Mate 20Pro and voila, both features activated and working.

Go figure....and I'm still waiting for VoWiFI on VTR.

Super utilisateur

Re: Why no VoLTE when switching from Contract to BYOD?


@Ipse wrote:

You WILL have to call tech support to get it activated

@Ipse  Technical support can't active volte. Only customer service can do so.

Officer

Re: Why no VoLTE when switching from Contract to BYOD?

@Kira i beg to differ based on my experience. The features were active on my SIM and account, however, I had to call technical support to get it working.  NOT  customer service.

Super utilisateur

Re: Why no VoLTE when switching from Contract to BYOD?


@Ipse wrote:

@Kira i beg to differ based on my experience. The features were active on my SIM and account, however, I had to call technical support to get it working.  NOT  customer service.


I work tech support. We can't activate it.

We have to call customer services to do so.

 

Super utilisateur

Re: Why no VoLTE when switching from Contract to BYOD?


@Kira wrote:
I work tech support. We can't activate it.

We have to call customer services to do so.

 


but what if the option is there, you see it in the system, but it's not working... tech support will be able to help right?

 

I had a problem with VoLTE... the option was there for a line that wasn't supposed to have it... and this was causing some problem with the line (no calls possible). 

Tech support transfered me at first to customer service to get the option removed... it didn't work. 

After 3 days trying to remove it, someone from tech support finally transfered me to higher level tech support... and this was fixed by "manually" sending a command to the switch to remove the VoLTE option. If worked fine afterwards. 

Super utilisateur

Re: Why no VoLTE when switching from Contract to BYOD?


@zadigre wrote:

 


but what if the option is there, you see it in the system, but it's not working... tech support will be able to help right?


Having it on a "non-suported" (meaning we can't guarantee it'll work flawlessly) BYOD (android only) might complicate things but if it's there, we should be able to do something.

 

 

As for your issues afterwards, weird corner case scenario. When customer services removes it from the file, it should remove that phone line from the VoLTE switch.

 

Latest discussions