cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stay connected with Videotron : Ask Me Anything

COR-BAN-CONNECT-BUMP-640x640-2004_EN.jpeg

During this isolation period, the need to stay connected is stronger than ever and Videotron wants to answer as many questions as possible.

From April 6 to 15, join our discussion.

Our experts are available and ready to answer within a day's period. Are you newly working from home? Need help managing your Videotron account? What would you like to know?

> Please note that our experts will take a break from April 11 to 13 and will respond to all unanswered questions on April 14.

The discussion is now closed. Thank you for submitting your questions!

22 REPLIES 22

uk1988
Initiate

Hello,

Is it possible to self install Helix? We’ve been working from home for 3 weeks and will be for the foreseeable future and we keep hitting slowdowns with our current 60mbps plan due to lots of video chats and file exchanges.

I contacted customer service and they said they can’t do any installs, but installing equipment if I already have videotron has previously been plug and play.

Does helix require some sort of actual installation? Or can you just plug the modem/router into the cable line? If it’s the latter, would it possible to order the Helix kit and self install?

It would be better for both Videotron and the customer if this was an option.

Right now, helix 400 is advertised at $70/month, when I contacted customer service, they said all they could do is update my current plan to 100mbps for over $80/month, which is insane.

Hi.

Since switching from Illico to Helix, HBO-Crave monthly Videotron subscribers lost their access to crave.ca

Can we expect this to be fixed? And if so, when can we expect this to be fixed?

With confinement asked from all of us, can this be fixed as soon as possible? It would greatly help our situation. Thank you.

Hello uk1988,

We are currently prioritizing new installations and network upkeeps to ensure essential services to our customers, please contact us in private so that we can give you more information on your future service migration to Helix.

Have a nice day!

Wifi calling keeps dropping calls after a minute or so...consistently drops phone calls. I have super fast wifi (500mbs down/20mbs up). So my wifi is strong and fast. When I was with Telus the wifi calling works fine at my home. Is this a Known videoTron issue or do you have any suggesting a on how I can make videotron wifi calling more stable at my house? Thanks.

sherif
Initiate

When is the mobile phone network going to be functional again?  Your support agents keep saying there is no "problem" yet every day 8-9 out of 10 outgoing calls from our phones don't work.  This is unacceptable for a business solution for which you are charging us money.  Either give us a service that works or don't charge us.  You should also be communicating to your clients (business at least) what the status of the issue is and when it will be resolved.  We shouldn't have to spend out time calling you and waiting on the phone only to be told there is no problem.  If I wanted this kind of service I'd go back to bell.

Hello Yamman,
We are prioritizing a current fix which should be deployed in the following weeks. Stay tuned!

Hello Sherif,

Our network is currently operating normally and calls between Videotron subscribers are not affected by this situation. Calls to any other number hosted by another provider may not go through. Rest assured, all stakeholders in the telecommunications industry are currently working together to rectify the situation.

Will videotron be offering unlimited data packages that cross borders this fiscal year?

Channel 607 loss of sound for 10-20 seconds at various times

Cycling is a big and growing sport in Quebec and yet Videotron carries almost no bike racing.  EuroSport is the best sports network in the world and carries the European cycling classics, the three grand tours, the monuments and much more as well as World Cup skiing, foodball etc, etc.  Why does Videotron not offer its customers EuroSport as an optional package?  I'd gladly pay another $5 or $10/month for this.

Cycling is a big and growing sport in Quebec and yet Videotron carries almost no bike racing.  EuroSport is the best sports network in the world and carries the European cycling classics, the three grand tours, the monuments and much more as well as World Cup skiing, foodball etc, etc.  Why does Videotron not offer its customers EuroSport as an optional package?  I'd gladly pay another $5 or $10/month for this.

@RestezConnectés wrote:

During this isolation period, the need to stay connected is stronger than ever and Videotron wants to answer as many questions as possible.

Our experts are available and ready to answer within a day's period. Are you newly working from home? Need help managing your Videotron account? What would you like to know?

> Please note that our experts will take a break from April 11 to 13 and will respond to all unanswered questions on April 14.

@RestezConnectés wrote:

@RestezConnectés wrote:

During this isolation period, the need to stay connected is stronger than ever and Videotron wants to answer as many

Hello @tmcelrea ,

Our Zen plans allow data usage in Canada for the time being. Keep sending us your questions!

Hello @morneaupa ,

on most models, you can change the Wi-Fi calling settings from "mobile preferred" to "Wi-Fi preferred". Hope this helps!

Hello @ivansack,

Due to broadcasting rights, EuroSport is only available in Europe and Russia. We thank you for your suggestion and will make sure to pass on the information to the relevant team here. 

iPhone doesn’t allow for that. But it doesn’t really solve my problem. Cell reception inside my home isn’t great. Wifi is great. I really want to use wifi calling except that it keeps just suddenly dropping calls after about a minute or so (despite having a great wifi signal). Was just wondering why that happens o essentially every call. What’s causing the wifi calling to constantly drop calls? Is there something I can do (change wifi channels, or frequency range, or something else) to be able to able to actually make use of wifi calling?

When I was with Telus, the wifi calling work perfectly in my home...so I’m just trying to figure out if it’s a common issue maybe just with Videotron, or maybe if it’s something I can tweak with my wifi router to make wifi calling not drop calls all the time? Thanks.

@morneaupa ,  the issue looks very specific and requires troubleshooting with your mobile phone and Wi-Fi network. Please contact our Technical Support team at the time of your choosing, via chat or phone (1-877-380-2611).

Chulo
Initiate

Hello,

I just got Helix and realised I need to get the Videotron WIFI Pods. Can I order them or pick them up at a Videotron Store and install them myself, as I can not function in certain parts of my house without this.

Hi,

So to confirm, I can cancel my account and open a new one under my partner’s name and then get helix?

Thanks!

Hello @Chulo,

You can get all of the pods details here https://videotron.com/en/shop/helix/equipments . Please contact us through our chat or by phone to order them.