cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping data add-on after switching the plan

mike56
Initiate
Hello,

I don’t know if anyone can help me here, but I am lost at the moment.

https://videotron.com/en/support/mobile/fees/extra-data-all-inclusive

This page says the following.
Question:
“Can I keep the extra Data Add-ons and bonus data included in my current plan?”
Answer: “Certain customers who received extra Data Add-ons as a result of Unlimited Music plans being cancelled are entitled to keeping these Data Add-ons when switching to an All-Inclusive plan. Other bonus data offers offered previously are not compatible with the All-Inclusive plans.”

I’m in the same situation where I got an 8GB permanent data add-on as a result of Unlimited Music being cancelled several years ago.

However, after speaking with the customer service in person at Vidéotron kiosk and over the phone I was told that it’s not possible and I won’t be able to keep my 8GB extra because their POS system “is not allowing this”

Can someone please explain if that is truly the case and why it’s written there that I could keep the add-on?

Thanks 🙏
4 REPLIES 4

GenevièveF
Moderator - Solution Expert

Good afternoon Mike56! 

To answer your question, this mention refers to a period of time, back in 2017, during which clients with Premium Plans could switch to our new "all-inclusive plans" without loosing their compensatory add-on for as long as they kept another Premium plan. This remained the case until we launched our new POS system, where the price of plans significantly decreased as customers are now paying for the device and the plan on a monthly basis.

We confirm that the information you received at the kiosk and over the phone was correct; the compensatory add-ons are not compatible with the new Simplified Payment Option. Shall you wish to make any modification (change plan, renew a device, etc) to a current plan that includes a compensatory add-on, it would be removed and replaced by a 10GB or 100GB yearly add-on. 

If you would like us to verify your account and/or opportunities for you (most of the time our new plans - which offer much more data then before - are less expensive), do not hesitate to contact us by chat or by phone so we can validate ! 

We hope this information has been helpful and wish you a great day ! 

Hi GenevièveF,

Thank you for your response. It makes more sense now, however, that still does not explain why this information wasn’t removed from the Vidéotron website if it’s no longer relevant.

brayanweldir
Initiate

@mike56 wrote:
Hello,

I don’t know if anyone can help me here, but I am lost at the moment.

https://videotron.com/en/support/mobile/fees/extra-data-all-inclusive

This page says the following.
Question:
“Can I keep the extra Data Add-ons and bonus data included in my current plan?”
Answer: “Certain customers who received extra Data Add-ons as a result of Unlimited Music plans being cancelled are entitled to keeping these Data Add-ons when switching to an All-Inclusive plan. Other bonus data offers offered previously are not compatible with the All-Inclusive plans.”

I’m in the same situation where I got an 8GB permanent data add-on as a result of Unlimited Music being cancelled several years ago.

However, after speaking with the customer service in person at Vidéotron kiosk and over the phone I was told that it’s not possible and I won’t be able to keep my 8GB extra because their POS system “is not allowing this”

Can someone please explain if that is truly the case and why it’s written there that I could keep the add-on?

Thanks 🙏

Did you get the answer? As i also got same issue and it also block me to access data of my website.

MyriamM

Hello mike56  and brayanweldir, 

The data add-on, given when music unlimited was removed, are not compatible with the new mobile plans    

Note that we offer many plans that offers a lot of data, just as the All-Inclusive 40 Gb  🙂   

Join us in private for a verification of your account and plans ! 

Thank you,