cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting the upload speed I’m supposed to have

saverio9
Initiate
I have the helix 400mbps download and 50mbps upload speed I recently connected my modem directly to my PS5 with Ethernet cable and for some reason I’m getting my download speeds but my uplod speeds fluctuate from 10 to 15 to 20 to 25. I used to be able to get 50 mbps like 2 months ago that was the last time I played my PS5 until now idk I tried resetting my router but it did not work is my modem broken please help thanks
4 REPLIES 4

JulieL
Moderator - Solution Expert
Moderator - Solution Expert

Hi! We suggest testing another device to the modem/gateway directly and do another speed test to see if the upload speed is reached properly. In any case, if you would like some help with verifying the signal quality at home, we invite you to contact our technical support; https://videotron.com/en/contact-us
Have a nice day!

Cameron47
Squire

@saverio9 wrote: 
I have the helix 400mbps download and 50mbps upload speed I recently connected my modem directly to my PS5 with Ethernet cable and for some reasons I’m getting my download speeds but my uplod speeds fluctuate from 10 to 15 to 20 to 25. I used to be able to get 50 mbps like 2 months ago that was the last time I played my PS5 until now idk I tried resetting my router but it did not work is my modem broken please help thanks 

If you're not getting the upload speed you're supposed to have, there are a few troubleshooting steps you can take to identify and potentially resolve the issue:  Verify the upload speed specified in your internet plan. It's possible that there may be a discrepancy between the advertised speed and the actual speed you're experiencing. Contact your internet service provider (ISP) to confirm the details of your plan. Use an online speed testing tool to measure your upload speed. Several websites offer speed tests, such as Ookla's Speedtest (www.speedtest.net) or Fast.com. Run multiple tests at different times throughout the day to get a more accurate average speed measurement. If you're currently using a Wi-Fi connection, switch to a wired Ethernet connection to see if the upload speed improves. Wi-Fi signals can be affected by interference or distance from the router, so a wired connection can provide a more stable and reliable connection.

I had same problem as him. I did the speed test from speedtest.net instead of the tool to test your connection from the ps5 settings and I got back to normal upload speed. 25 to 30 mbs. I think the speed test tool from sony is not adapted or broken. Idk why it won't go any faster than 10mbs. Don't worry guys you're getting what you pay for.

Ninja-Jo
Chevalier
If you guys don't know how to access speedtest.net (because ps5 don't have a proper web browser) just go to game base and type www.speedtest.net to any of your friends (could be your own 2nd account) and then click on it. This will bring you to the website.