cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Helix - Change skip forward and skip back rates

Hello,

How can I change the default skip forward and back rates on the Helix remote when watching a recorded prohram? By default the skip forward is 5 minutes and so is the skip back which is not very useful. It would be good if these rates could be user configurable.

Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10

MayaP
Moderator - Solution Expert

Hi!

If you press exit 3 times then enter 0030, Page Up will skip 30 seconds in the future and page down will skip 15 seconds in the past.

Hope that works for you

thasan10
Chevalier

This works only if you are using the remote in IR mode. Once you switch the remote to Bluetooth mode, PgUp and PgDn moves by 5 minutes, not seconds.

MayaP

Hi! The same little trick works in bluetooth mode as well 🙂

So it does now. I stand corrected. I did try before and the Bluetooth mode did not move as the IR did but I just tried it on both my TV and it did work (move 30 secs in advance)

How do you put the Helix remote in Bluetooth mode?

PatrickM

Hi @Bordel !  Bluetooth mode should be enabled by default after your remote control is paired to your Helix receiver.  The light indicator will show up as green to confirm it when using any buttons that controls the receiver.   

In infrared mode, the remote control will display a red light. You will see this light mainly for the volume control button, when using the remote control for the first time before the initial setup or, after doing a reset of the remote control settings.

This does not seem to be working anymore. When I follow this process, it just sends those commands to the Helix box. Is there a new process?

JulieL

Hi! It's still the same process. However, if the change doesn't happen, do the process for the current setting, and then do the other one.

For example, if your skip is currently at 5 minutes and you want it to 30 seconds, press exit 3 times then enter 0050, try the skip, and then press exit 3 times then enter 0030 and your skip should now be 30 seconds.

Hope this helps!

Recently my remote seems to have reset to default (5 mins / 5 mins).

came back to this thread to remind myself how to change to 30secs / 15 secs

when I try to follow the procedure I simply end up in a search window for 0030 (or 0050).

do I need to be in a certain page or menu when starting the procedure (3 x ‘Exit’, 0030)?

VinhN

You can be anywhere. Just simply input the code and it will work, P.S. For the 5 minutes skip, the right code is Exit 3x then 0500 (not 0050)

Thank you