cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4k PVR not recording as per schedule

Hello, 

I have been with Videotron for only a few months now and i am getting a little frustrated with the PVR. There are shows programmed to record daily/weekly and the PVR seems to have a mind of its own. For example, a show prorammed to record daily at 2pm from Monday to Friday will record only 4 out of the 5 days.  Another example is a show programmed to record "Every Monday at 9pm" on a specific channel will record EVERY time it airs on that channel.  Before anyone asks me if i programmed them properly, yes i did, i double checked before posting this.  But honestly, i am more concerned about missed recordings that too many recordings.  These issues have been going on for months now and it happens with different shows, not always the same one. I'm not sure why this is happening but coming from Bell where this was NEVER an issue makes it a little more frustrating and it is making me doubt my decision to switch to Videotron.  Hopefully someone here can help me.

10 REPLIES 10

Anonyme
Not applicable

did you chose what to record in the guide or manually add a recording?

I'm asking the queston because most of the time this is caused by bad entries in the TV guide... if you maually enter a channel and time, it should work fine. 

I have done it both ways but i always modify to make sure it is scheduled the way i want it to be.  Normally i will program through the guide and do the modification. Why would that be different from manually?

I also have the opposite problem. Recently i programmed a show to record every monday night at 9 pm. It has been doing so without issue since day one, despite there being many replays during the week of this show.  Then there was a "marathon" of the show on a saturday and the PVR recorded 12 episodes....it just seems very unreliable

if you program from the guide and select keep all episodes, I believe it will scan the guide regurarily and record what would be missing. sometimes it does a poor job... and will miss an episode if something has changed in the naming for the show. 

if you program manually, I guess it won't check the guide... but I could be wrong. 

I guess i will try reprogramming the shows and see what happens.  I have had a few issues since making the switch so i'm a little frustrated. Thank you for your help!

@Mikedidomenico wrote:

I guess i will try reprogramming the shows and see what happens.  I have had a few issues since making the switch so i'm a little frustrated. Thank you for your help!

On which channels are you having problems?

When I was with Videotron, I rarely had issues when recording... but I was recording mostly French shows.

I believe that the guide is coming from their TV Hebdo branch (I could be wrong)... maybe it's not as good on English (mainly American) channels... 

it is usually american channels like ABC, CBS, NBC, sometimes CTV too.  It is rarely french channels. YOu are no longer with Videotron but on the forums?

@Mikedidomenico wrote:

it is usually american channels like ABC, CBS, NBC, sometimes CTV too.  It is rarely french channels. YOu are no longer with Videotron but on the forums?

I don't have TV or Internet with Videotron anymore... but I'm still a happy mobile customer with them.  

MayaP
Moderator - Solution Expert

Hi!

We actually suggest deleting the offending planned recordings (press on 'list' twice to see the future recordings), and reprogram them. This usually fixes the issue. But if it persists, tech support will be able to investigate in the box's configuration.

welcome to Videotron world !  I have had the same issues many times and I gave up trying to figure out the problem. why would it work fine for a while-not touch anything and all of a sudden, it does something that makes your head spin ? who the hell knows and all you'll get from the tech support is -reboot- 9 out of 10 times you call. Mine records for only seconds sometimes ! example, was recording the series My Brilliant Friend on HBO. recorded episodes 1-6 and 8 all for 1 hour just like it's supposed to but ep 7, recorded only 26 minutes-WTH ? should have stayed with Bell, I know they aren't much better and more expensive, wait for the 6$mth increase (major ripoff) on tv coming up in March- Bell will suddenly start to look good again !

PatrickM

Hi @mjcnyg

I understand that's definitely not a pleasant experience.  There are several possibilities that can cause this situation in the device or its software system. If you still have incomplete records after restarting the terminal or even reprogramming the recorded content, this will require further investigation to escalate the situation.

If you have recent incomplete content(s), keep it temporarily and feel free to contact the technical support team at http://www.videotron.com/residential/contact-us. 

We have also sent you a private message to get your contact information if you would like us to follow up on this issue. Have a nice day!

Patrick