cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

caller ID

Us switched from Rogers. My package comes with two features. I chose forwarding and caller id but any numbers not in my address book are coming through anonymously. Is there a phone setting that I need to change?
3 REPLIES 3

Anonyme
Not applicable

@yybenedb wrote:
Us switched from Rogers. My package comes with two features. I chose forwarding and caller id but any numbers not in my address book are coming through anonymously. Is there a phone setting that I need to change?

Caller id on videotron will only show the number if you don't have this number in your contact list. 

With Rogers, Caller ID also has the name... but this feature is not available on Videotron (and is not very common in North America).

That's too bad. I loved that when I was with Rogers. Same for my outgoing name when calling people.

@Anonyme wrote:

@yybenedb wrote:

Caller id on videotron will only show the number if you don't have this number in your contact list. 

With Rogers, Caller ID also has the name... but this feature is not available on Videotron (and is not very common in North America).

Today is May 27th, 2021.  I called Videotron just now, almost 1 hour as they went around checking their database and Tier 2 support. Here is what I have as a follow up from posts made in 2019 and 2020.

Videotron still DOES NOT SUPPORT, nor foresee "NAME DISPLAY" / "Affichage du nom" as a feature.

The person at Videotron was informed to save all possible phone #s and names in my Smartphone contact list.

Hum... how many company names are there in Canada and the USA?
I know in 2019 there were 1.23 million in Canada and 22 million in the USA

Better start typing...