cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow sometimes, sometimes no internet access in the other room !

Hello, I have the videotron zyxel router with the 400mbps connection, everything works near the router but when I move to the next room, the signal is weak and sometimes no access at all until I turn my wifi on and off again..

3 REPLIES 3

SamusAran
Super utilisateur
Super utilisateur

Are you using the 2.4 Ghz or the 5GHz network ?

The 5 GHz network is faster but it's more easily blocked by walls or any other physical barrier between the router and your device.   

You should get a stronger signal on the 2.4 GHz network but the speed will be limited to about 70-80 mbps on a good recent device.

Same problem on either 2.4 or 5ghz, the 2.4 ghz is even slower, next room isn't far ! only 1 wall seperation and about 15 meters only, 80% of wifi strength is wasting half the 5ghz speed, same for the 2.4, should I change the router?

would the new router be easy to install ? 

I understand the difference between 5ghz and 2.4 but I feel like the router is bad because sometimes I have to disconnect my device and reconnect it to get my connection back..

CedrikS
Moderator - Solution Expert
Moderator - Solution Expert

Hi fawazalkaed. Regarding your WiFi connection, we strongly suggest you reach our technical department so they can take a look at the router: < http://bit.ly/FB_Contact_Us >. Thank you and have a good day!