cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Helix TV available when in Bridge Mode?

Apologies if this has been asked before, but i cant find anything in the search bar.

If i move to Helix, but want to keep and use my personal router, can i still watch and use Helix TV?  It sounds like if i want to use my own router, i need to switch the Helix Router to 'Bridge Mode' correct?   But if i do, will that disable my ability to watch helix TV?   thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3

BerengerL
Moderator - Solution Expert

Hello, ability to use Helix TV isn't removed when using Bridge mode. As long as you have an Internet connection with an IP locating you in Canada, you have access to the service. Using a router doesn't change the fact you are connected with your home Helix IP with full access to Helix TV. Out of home there is Helix GO channels in the app.

Hope that helps, have a nice evening.

thanks for replying.

thats good to hear.  and if i want to keep using my personal router, is it really as easy as just switching the helix router to bridge mode as people are saying?:

PatrickM

It's always a pleasure @varunaX1!  The process is rather easy and basically you will only need to access the Helix gateway's WebGUI and activate one option to activate bridge mode.   The steps can be found in our support section at: https://videotron.com/en/support/internet/use/wifi-access-point .  Have a good one!