cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra bought from Samsung Canada - will VoLTE and VoWiFi work on Videotron?

Ipse
Samurai

According to Samsung, yes, but they just want to sell phones. There was a time when carriers had restrictions and these 2 features were limited to the phones sold by them.
I did get them however on a Samsung bought from another carrier, but that's not the same as from Samsung.
Apparently the first 6 digits of IMEI might be used as a discriminator...is it still the case? To me this would violate the Wireless Code.

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3

Kira
Super utilisateur
Super utilisateur

Should work but not garanteed.

Ipse
Samurai

Happy to report that I got the phone and both features work without having to call in like I did in the past.

Still, it is a big problem if the only fully usable Android phones in Canada have to be purchased from Samsung or carriers. Apple of course it's another story.

@Ipse wrote:

Still, it is a big problem if the only fully usable Android phones in Canada have to be purchased from Samsung or carriers. Apple of course it's another story.

Gotta make sure you purchase a north american version of the phone (some models will have hardware differences from one region to an other) . Purchasing it from a provider or the NA store for Samsung will ensure you have the right thing, other sources gotta be more diligent and do some homework.