cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Videotron sent my file to collections. I have never missed a payment/bill in my life!

akhan
Initiate

I received a letter yesterday from a collection’s agency called GCQ that I owe Videotron 129 dollars and haven't made a payment since Nov 2020. This is entirely absurd and unacceptable.
Videotron never sent me any bill or a notice and directly sent my file to collections. Who does that?! At least send me a notice first! 
After talking to two reps and spending an hour of my workday trying to explain the situation to them, they told me that this happened due to a system error on their part when I converted my regular account to HELIX. Apparently, they forgot to update the add-ons and make adjustments and I actually don't owe them anything. 

They got in touch with the collections company and have closed my file. But, if this affects my credit negatively in any way, I will take a legal action against the company. 
Furthermore, receiving a collections letter is insulting and unacceptable where I come from. I have never missed a bill payment in my life and have a good credit history. 

This is harassment! I demand a written apology and compensation for wasting my time and causing stress.

4 REPLIES 4

MaximeD
Moderator - Solution Expert

Hello Akkan,

We apologize for this situation. Since we can't access your account from here, we invite you to contact us in private via Facebook or Twitter and leave us your informations so that our dedicated team can call you back and verify the situation with you.

Thank you!

SAME! CANT WAIT TO DUMP VIDEOTRON, I AM A NEW CUSTOMER FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! Totally ridiculous, I had no idea that they have separate bills for each service?? Who does that??? Going back to BELL ASAP at least they have ONE BILL

I was sent to collections as well for the first time in my entire life!!! I am a NEW Videotron customer and thought my bill was paid in full. I had no idea that I have MULTIPLE Videotron bills based on my subscriptions. I am in complete shock, my entire family's mobile plans are blocked! I am cancelling ASAP and going back to BELL, they have one bill for all services. I am beyond shocked at how HORRIBLE the customer service is at Videotron, I cant speak with anyone because every attempt is redirected to collections which is a super long wait on hold! GOODBYE FOREVER Videotron what a TERRIBLE experience it has been

ManonB

Hi kimk149, 

We are sorry to read this situation. The way to pay the separate phone and Helix invoices is normally explained when you sign up to make sure that misundertandings like that do not happen.

If you did not contact our customer service or collection department yet regarding this situation, we strongly suggest doing so in order for us to access your account and check what can be done. 

You can reach us at 1 877 512-0911 from any line or by dialing 611 on your Videotron devices. 

Note that the wait on the line can be a little longer than usual since we are very busy with the moving period, we thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.