cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

helix modem forces wifi setting changes

its the fourth time i have to factory reset my modem because of this

at home i use an hidden ssid setup on the wifi, with no password for convenience and ease of setup when i have visitors. but every so often helix decides to update it itself, with a bogus password and Wep2, graying out all options on the wifi, attempting to "force" me to use a , literally, useless password. even tough im logged as the administrator of the device, the controls are literally locked.

this is not something that should be happening to begin with, and is especially infuriating that im forced to go trough a whole 15 mins process of ressting up everythign to fix it. is there any way to prevent it.

3 REPLIES 3

and, today, i've factory reset the helix modem, and it still is not letting me change my settings.bum.JPG

as ytou can see its outright grayed, i cannot interact with it.

krzys
Disciple

I just tried to setup port forwarding on my Helix (2nd generation, white):

1. Via the iPhone app: the option is no longer there

2. Via the web app on the Helix (10.0.0.1): HTTP 400 Bad Request (while trying to connect to videotron.com, see also the next point below)

3. Via the helixfi web app: oops, looks like this app no longer exists.

Am I correct in concluding that Videotron have quietly taken the Port Forwarding feature away from us?

If your Helix modem is forcing unwanted Wi-Fi setting changes, try contacting customer support, checking for firmware updates, manually adjusting settings via the web interface, disabling remote management, and considering a strong password. If issues persist, request assistance from your ISP or explore user forums for possible solutions.