cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi calling

To get cover of dead zones, like my bedroom is semi basement, the phone call usually connected not well all the time, but my wifi signal is full. If videotron introducing wifi calling , there is no need to going up stairs to take the phone call.
With Wi-Fi Calling, you can place a phone call if you have a Wi-Fi connection in an area with little or no cellular coverage. Also , If your carrier supports Wi-Fi Calling on iCloud-connected devices, you can also make and receive Wi-Fi calls on other devices. You can use Wi-Fi Calling on these devices, even if your iPhone isn't on the same Wi-Fi Network or turned on.
Hope videotron can improve its service to its customers by this .
4 REPLIES 4

I approve! I have poor coverage in my area so this would be a game changer. Just discovered this feature exists in fact. I'll make sure my next phone has it. I'm sure it's already on their roadmap so let's hope they get it out soon!

PatrickM
Moderator - Solution Expert
Moderator - Solution Expert

Hi!

Yes, it is planned!  I did mention it in another thread about VoLTE.

While a date has yet to be released, Wi-Fi calling is in development and planned for 2017.

Have a nice day!

PatrickM wrote:

Hi!

Yes, it is planned!  I did mention it in another thread about VoLTE.

While a date has yet to be released, Wi-Fi calling is in development and planned for 2017.

Have a nice day!

Planned for 2017, but this year is coming to an end pretty soon..

Meh, I've just called a tech support from the Mobility departement few minutes ago (December 21th 2017) and he NEVER heard about this of his whole life, neither found any information about "Wifi Calling" or "HD Voice" on the Videotron's website so his guess was that Videotron wasn't supporting this feature. If you say it's suppose to come for 2017 well that only gives them 10 days left so I highly doubt it's gonna be there...

Even if I don't have coverage issues, just the fact that the voice quality is way better through VoIP rather than satelite, I absolutely want this feature. No idea then if the minutes through Wifi will count in your usage or not though.