cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Helix 2,4 GHz not showing up

Hi,

In order to connect my printer to my wireless network, I tried to follow the printer manufacturer recommendation to connect directly the printer on a 2,4 GHz network.

So I used the Helix app to split my network in two different band and named then differently (think Helix 5GHz and Helix 2,4GHz). The app show me that everything is supplied accordingly and secured, however the 2,4GHz don't show up anywhere. I saw it showing up for 5 seconds on my computer, and then disappeared completely. It doesn't show up on the printer as an option neither.

I tried rebooting the Helix device over and over, leaving it unplugged for more than 10 minutes each time. Every time it comes back on, only the 5 GHz show up as an option on the device that can supports both band. Every time I reopen the app and can see that the 2,4 GHz is supposed to be activated.

So I don't know what to do anymore. Is it possible that I have a faulty Helix device with a messed up antenna? Is it possible for the Helix device to simply disable the 2,4 GHz by itself even if I have them 2 different names and passwords?
1 REPLY 1

BerengerL
Moderator - Solution Expert
Moderator - Solution Expert

Hello, sorry about that situation. Please contact our tech support directly by phone or chat, an agent will be able to remotely check the status of your Helix gateway and see if the 2,4 GHz radio is enabled. Otherwise, a factory reset is recommended:

v1 (black): please take a pen or a needle and insert it in the reset hole/button.(back of the gateway) for about 30 seconds, then you will see the light turning off.
v2 (white): please press on the WPS button on the back of the gateway- for 60 seconds, so until the LED starts to blink white.

After that, release and wait a moment.
Then connect back to Helix Wi-Fi using the default values written underneath the gateway.
Last step is to open a browser and navigate to 10.0.0.1 to follow the quick setup. You can also configure the gateway through the app by scanning the QR code underneath that device.

Thank you, have a nice evening and a great weekend.