cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canada / US plan

Boo1
Officer

Last December I signed up for the Canada/US plan.  I want to know how to use my phone in the USA?  Do I need to use Airplane mode, or some such other thing?  Or is it just like using it in another area of Canada and no action is needed?  Texts  - pictures - calls to Canada from the USA - calls to another cell phone - my wife - with the same plan while in the states.  Local calls in the states while in the states.  

Any help is appreciated.

Boo1

1 REPLY 1

JoéCL
Moderator - Solution Expert
Moderator - Solution Expert

Hello, 

With a Canada/US plan, you can use your cellphone in the US just as if you were in other parts of Canada. The only things you need to watch out for is that these plans typically allow for 120 days per year of use in the States - so past that, you will be charged as if you had a regular plan and were in the states. 

The other thing you need to watch out for is that your cellphone is compatible with use in the States. If you bought your cellphone recently, that shouldn't be an issue . For older cellphones, it needs to be at least compatible with VoLTE calls . If your cellphone has access to Wi-Fi calls and/or 5G, it is automatically compatible with VoLTE calls. 🙂