Hi Allardjm, if you use your own router, you could use it with our Helix gateway but, with the bridge mode activated in our gateway. Your WiFi connection will work but let's say you decide to also take our Helix TV service, the remote voice commands won't work with bridge mode. Hope this answers your question.
Hello, Just to add on the previous question, if you are using a Mesh system in your house and connect it to Helix, you are losing the voice capabilities of HELIX TV, is that it? I am about to sign up with Helix but I do not want to loose access to my Mesh system that cover my entire house. Thanks for clarifying.
I have the Linksys Velop 3 brand and it works fine with Helix. I do not have it setup as "bridge" mode as far as I know. I still have access to Helix FI and I still have parental controls. I do have a seperate WIFI though, one for Velop and one for Videotron.
If the Heilx Gateway is in Bridge mode, Helix TV terminals will no longer access the Gateway's Wi-Fi. Instead, it will be necessary to manually connect them to your own router's Wi-Fi.
Any router-type device that has the capacity to provide a Wi-Fi network and an IP Adress (which means it can act as a DHCP server) should work.
Here is the procedure to manually connect a Helix TV terminal to a specific Wi-Fi network :
1. Press and hold the "Exit" button on the remote for 5 seconds
2. Press the "Down" arrow twice
3. Enter the following digits : 9, 4, 3, 4
4. Select the desired Wi-Fi Network and press OK/Select (round button in the middle of the remote)
5. Enter the Password and confirm
6. The Helix TV terminal should connect to the Wi-Fi network.