cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to assign static local IP address to a device in Helix router?

I need to assign static local IP address to a device in Helix router. How to do this? Seems like impossible through mobile app

5 REPLIES 5

PatrickM
Moderator - Solution Expert

Hi @turta345!

The Helix Fi app does not have such feature but you can use the Helix gateway's admin page at http://10.0.0.1 to assign a static IP on your devices.

To log in, the default username is set to 'admin' while the default password is set to 'password'.  If this does not work, there may be another password set and in this case, the only way to solve this is to do a factory reset on the unit.

When you have access to this page, you must select "Connected devices" in the menu on the left. Then use the "Edit" button next to the device of your choice in the section on the right. Lastly, check the "Reserved IP" box and  specify the IP address of your choice using the same format as the gateway IP address ( 10.0.0.X ) then save your settings.

Thanks Patrick for the clarification. Although, it worked for some devices, but others still keeps the same IP even after hitting save. Also, this seems to be only possible from the web version and not the mobile app, while the port forwarding can only be done from the mobile app and not the web version, that's utterly unlogical. Plus, you can set a "Device name" on the mobile app, but not on the web version, while the web version has a "Comments" section that is unseen on the mobile app. There seems to be some bugs and information consolidation between the app and web version that needs to be addressed...

Thanks Patrick for the clarification!

Although, it worked for some devices, but others still keeps the same IP even after hitting save.

Also, this seems to be only possible from the web version and not the mobile app, while the port forwarding can only be done from the mobile app and not the web version, that's utterly unlogical.

Plus, you can set a "Device name" on the mobile app, but not on the web version, while the web version has a "Comments" section that is unseen on the mobile app.

There seems to be some bugs and information consolidation between the app and web version that needs to be addressed...

Is there a way to get a list of which devices have a static IP?  I want to make a pc have a static address but it tells me the address I want is used by something else.  How do I figure out what?

PatrickM

Hello @Eskimo007 !   The list of equipment configured with a Static IP address can be found in the Helix gateway configuration page. The explanations are indicated in my previous answer above

When you go to the "Connected Devices" section, you can check the information under "DHCP/Reserved IP" for each device and this will confirm whether the IP is assigned automatically by DHCP or Static/Reserved.