cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

helix internet without helix gateway

I need an internet plan that lets me use my own modem/router/wifi hardware. Does videotron offer any plans where I can use my own hardware?

4 REPLIES 4

JoéCL
Moderator - Solution Expert

Hello, 

At the moment, Videotron only has plans where the modem is loaned OR  where you can use a Helix-Fi gateway. 
In both instances, however, you can use your own router.  For a Helix fi Gateway, you will need to use the Bridge Mode in order to use your own personal router. 

Hope this helps! 

Ahh... I don't see any where the modem is loaned on the site... that would be better at least. Do you know where I'd go on the site to find a plan with just the modem included?

Thanks

KevinC

Hello,

Our Internet plans currently sold are under Helix, which require the Helix Fi gateway. That device is only offered as a purchase, either with financing or in a single payment, it is not offered as a rental. Our older generation of plans from before used to have loaned devices, but they are not sold anymore. My colleague was mentioning it as a general tip only, Helix does not offer loan/rental options on the device. You are free to buy a used Helix gateway if you find one on your end and activate it with us however.

Thank you.

-Kevin

Thanks for the response.
The helix gateway is very expensive for something I'll only use as a modem.
Will have to look elsewhere for internet.