le 11-03-2022 11:58 PM
today videotron came to install helix fiber internet at my shop. First thing I wanted to do after the tech left was to put the helix 2 in bridge mode in order to use my Asus GT-AXE11000 router. I was told by the rep and tech that I would be able to bridge the helix 2 in their app. However, it seems like I can't do so, I'm getting this warning "Bridge Mode not supported in Ethernet WAN mode.".
Now my question is, is there a way for me to bypass this limitation or can I use another modem model which would let me configure my network as I please?
Thank you in advance for your help, hopefully someone out there's got the answer I'm looking for!
Résolu ! Accéder à la solution.
le 14-03-2022 08:16 AM
Here is the procedure that should work to configurer your Helix Gateway in Bridge mode (note : The bridge mode *cannot* work if you have Helix pods registered on your network) :
1. Connect a computer to of the LAN ports of the gateway
2. Open a web browser and go to https://10.0.0.1
3. Select "Gateway" then "At a glance" from the menu on the left
4. Turn on the "Bridge Mode" option.
5. Click "OK" the gateway should reboot. If it does not, reboot the Gateawy by disconnecting it from its power outlet for 10 seconds.
6. Connect your Router to the Gateway and reboot the gateway if your router does not recieve an IP address after a few minutes.
I hope this helps!
le 14-03-2022 09:23 AM
He says he has a fibre modem so I guess the gateway is in EWAN mode. It cannot work in EWAN and Bridge mode at the same time