When you switch to bridge mode, it is essentially disabling the router functionality of the modem and relying on another router (in this case, your Google Mesh) to handle the routing and Wi-Fi functions.
Here are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the issue:
- Make sure that you have the correct login credentials for your Helix modem, as these may be different from the ones you used for your previous Fizz modem.
- Double-check that you have properly configured the bridge mode settings on your Helix modem. This may include disabling DHCP and changing the LAN IP address to match that of your Google Mesh network.
- Try connecting the Helix modem to your computer via Ethernet cable and accessing the modem's web interface to check for any error messages or issues.
- Try to reboot both your Helix modem and Google Mesh devices, sometimes this can help resolve connectivity issues.
- Check if the firmwares are updated on both the devices.
If you are still having issues, it may be helpful to contact Helix's customer support for further assistance. They may be able to provide more specific troubleshooting steps based on your specific setup and network configuration.