annuler
Affichage des résultats de 
Rechercher plutôt 
Vouliez-vous dire : 

FireTV with Remote control illico new generation (UEI)

CronoLogical
Initié

Hello!
I am having issues with setting up the illico box on a FireTV (I don't have Helix).
I just got a new FireTV (55in 4-Series). I plugged in my illico box's to the TV using an HDMI port. When switching to the input number of the HDMI, the screen is black and nothing happens. If I disconnect the HDMI cable, the TV tells me that it can't find a signal, so it definitely detects an input.
I tried programming the remote as well (using the OK+mute -> power -> number 1 to 9, and also OK+mute -> 9-9-1 -> 1 -> CH+) and it doesnt work. I took a look at the list of codes for the TV's that Videotron provides, but I could not find Amazon on there.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I'm setting this up for my parents as a gift while they are away on a **blip**, and I'd like for the system to be functional before they arrive!
Thank you!

1 RÉPONSE 1

JoéCL
Modérateur - Expert Solution
Modérateur - Expert Solution

Hello, CronoLogical. 

Because FireTVs are relatively new, the older Illico systems don't have codes specifically to control a Fire TV's power and volume. You might have to use both your Illico remote as well as your Fire TV remote to fully control your television. 

If you would like to take a chance, you could always use this method, which will effectively check every single code,  on the off-chance that one of them works for a Fire TV.

1. Turn on your Fire TV
  2. Press and hold OK-Select and MUTE until the TV button blinks twice
  3. Enter the code 9-9-1  ;  The TV button should blink twice, again
  4. Press 1  and point your remote towards your Fire TV
  5. Press the Channel Up button repeatedly until your Fire TV turns off, then, press OK select to Memorize this code.

If you go a bit too far, and press Channel Up before you can press OK Select, you can come back using Channel Down as well. 🙂 
Best of luck !