Did you mean: 

printer

connect my HP deskjet 2652 to a Helix gateway

5 REPLIES 5

PatrickM
Moderator - Solution Expert

Hi @k9go4itc!

We understand that your HP Deskjet printer is unable to connect to the Helix Wifi network? We would need more details about what you are observing in order to be able to help you.  

To quickly assist you with this situation, I strongly recommend you to contact the technical support team: https://videotron.com/en/contact-us

My printer is WiFi but will not connect to Helix gateway I have tried many times to connect

PatrickM

Are you able to see your Wifi network name when you scan for available networks from the printer?   The printer may not support well Wifi networks where both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands are grouped under the same name. If that is the cas, you can separate each WiFi band into separate WiFi network names. Then, try to connect your printer to the network name using the 2.4 GHz band.

This can be done using the Helix Fi mobile app. Once you have logged in, you can click on "View network details" in the overview tab.  In the next area (My Network), you can edit the Wifi configuration using the pencil symbol in the top right corner.  Please make sure to check "Use different network names for Wifi 2.4 and 5 GHz" and that both network have different names before you apply the changes. No need to change the password, it will remain the same on both networks.

Hello, I have the same issue with smart bulbs; however, I do not have the option to "use different network names for wifi 2.4 and 5 Ghz" under the pencil symbol; i just have the option to "show wifi name"; can you help please? Thanks.

I have the same problem with smart bulbs; I do not have the option of checking the box "use different network..." in the helix fi app; I only have the option to click the box "show wifi name"; help?