cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you keep your precious voicemail messages?

VincentQ
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you’re like me, you’ve had voicemail messages from your loved ones saved in your mobile or home phone voicemail for some time.

Unfortunately, voicemail is not like a safe, and sometimes these messages are deleted. If you want to protect your precious messages, there are solutions.

I used a microphone connected to my computer and the Audacity app. I played the saved messages from my phone near the microphone to record them, then converted them into MP3 files that are now safe in my computer and its automatic backups.

You can also do the same thing using two cell phones and an audio recording app, such as Smart Recorder or Recforge 2 on Android and Recorder Plus or Audioshare on iOS. Don’t dawdle too much and make these backups early this year to make sure you keep important messages from your loved ones!

As for yourself, have you found another solution to keep your important voicemail messages?

8 REPLIES 8

If Videotron is not going to allow you to save messages, then they should offer a service to their customers... Those messages are obviously stored as separate audio files on Videotron's servers, so why not let paying customers log in and download those files to their home computer directly instead of having to navigate the elaborate procedures described above???? 

AlexAmari
Initiate

@VincentQ wrote:

If you’re like me, you’ve had voicemail messages from your loved ones saved in your mobile or home phone voicemail for some time.

Unfortunately, voicemail is not like a safe, and sometimes these messages are deleted. If you want to protect your precious messages, there are solutions.

I used a microphone connected to my computer and the Audacity app. I played the saved messages from my phone near the microphone to record them, then converted them into MP3 files that are now safe in my website and its automatic backups.

You can also do the same thing using two cell phones and an audio recording app, such as Smart Recorder or Recforge 2 on Android and Recorder Plus or Audioshare on iOS. Don’t dawdle too much and make these backups early this year to make sure you keep important messages from your loved ones!

As for yourself, have you found another solution to keep your important voicemail messages?

Connect your phone to a recording device or use a call recording app to record the voicemail message as it plays. This method allows you to keep a digital copy of the message on your device. 

@channeldude wrote:

If Videotron is not going to allow you to save messages, then they should offer a service to their customers... Those messages are obviously stored as separate audio files on Videotron's servers, so why not let paying customers log in and download those files to their home computer directly instead of having to navigate the elaborate procedures described above???? 

It is likely that the messages are stored as audio files on Videotron's servers, so it would be helpful if paying customers could log in and download those files directly to their home computer. This would save customers from having to navigate complicated procedures to save their messages. Providing such a service would be a great way for Videotron to improve the customer experience and make their service more user-friendly.

Odin
Initiate

@VincentQ wrote:

I used a microphone connected to my computer and the Audacity app. I played the saved messages from my phone near the microphone to record them, then converted them into MP3 files that are now safe in my computer and its automatic backups.

Most smartphones have a built-in voicemail feature that allows you to save messages directly on your device. When you receive a voicemail, listen to it and look for an option to save or archive the message. The exact steps may vary depending on your phone model and operating system.

dustindepp
Initiate

@VincentQ wrote: 

I used a microphone connected to my computer and the Audacity app. I played the saved messages from my phone near the microphone to record them, then converted them into MP3 files that are now safe in my computer and its automatic backups on my site.

You can also do the same thing using two cell phones and an audio recordings app, such as Smart Recorder or Recforge 2 on Android and Recorder Plus or Audioshare on iOS. Don’t dawdle too much and make these backups early this year to make sure you keep important messages from your loved ones!

There are a number of voicemail transcription services that can convert your voicemail messages into text. This is a good option if you want to be able to search for specific keywords or phrases in your voicemail messages.

LoganLuke
Initiate

@VincentQ wrote:

You can also do the same thing using two cell phones and an audio recording app, such as Smart biddingestimate or Recforge 2 on Android and Recorder Plus or Audioshare on iOS. Don’t dawdle too much and make these backups early this year to make sure you keep important messages from your loved ones!

Certainly! One effective solution to safeguard important voicemail messages is to utilize voicemail transcription services offered by mobile carriers or third-party applications. These services convert voicemail messages into text format and deliver them to your email or text message inbox. By having a written copy of the messages, you can easily save and back them up for future reference. Utilizing voice recording apps or screen recording software can also be useful for capturing and preserving voicemail messages. Thanks

martincaptaru
Initiate

To preserve precious voicemail messages, consider saving them digitally by recording through your phone's voicemail service or using third-party apps. Alternatively, you can transfer voicemails to your computer or cloud storage for long-term preservation. Another option is to back up voicemails by forwarding them to your email or messaging apps, ensuring they're easily accessible whenever needed. Additionally, periodically archive or organize voicemails to declutter and prioritize important messages.

I can tell you what worked for me, what i did was this allowed directly saving voicemails within the Phone app itself. However, there are a couple of ways to achieve this:-

1. Save Voicemail to Voice Memos:-

• Open the Phone app and go to Voicemail.
  • Select the voicemail message you want to save.
  • Tap the Share icon (it looks like a box with an upwards arrow).
  • Choose Voice Memos from the list of options. This will save a copy of the voicemail in your Voice Memos app.

2. Save Voicemail to Notes or Files:-

• Follow steps 1 and 2 from the previous method (open Phone, Voicemail, select message).
  • Tap the Share icon.
  • Instead of Voice Memos, choose Add to Notes or Save to Files.
  • With "Add to Notes", you can create a new note or add the voicemail to an existing one.
  • With "Save to Files", you can choose a specific folder within the Files app to store the voicemail.

More details instruction below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHhYH_kMvV0&ab_channel=TheGeekPage