cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Helix and Alexa

Hal
Initiate

Is there a way, or will there ever be one, to be able to have my Echo Dot with Alexa control my Helix tv?

5 REPLIES 5

CedrikS
Moderator - Solution Expert

Hi Hal. Regarding Alexa, we do not have any news at the moment but, rest assured, if this feature becomes available, we will announce it to our customers. Thank you! 

thasan10
Chevalier

No update since October. Any update? Helix's device with no IR does not allow any way to do any integration

Why is this marked as solved if your answer is "we don't have news yet"? All other providers can integrated with voice assistants. Right now, i can do it using the old videotron terminal using the Logitech Harmony Hub. But this is the only reason i am not upgrading to Helix. To be clear, with Helix, to voice control your TV, you have to have the remote control in your hand and press a button. With Alexa, i can be on the other side of the room, cooking, and I can ask Alexa to change the channel. The integration with Alexa still offers capabilities beyond Helix voice control, so can we please get an update on whether this is in the plans? Thank you

PatrickM

Hi @CosmoChick, we understand that it would be very convenient to have the integration of Alexa with the Helix platform. Unfortunately, we do not have further details on a development in this direction yet. However, we will pass on your interest in this feature to the product team. Thank you!

This no connection with Alexa is a major flaw with helix and should be solved immediately