cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam filter

Me
Initiate

I have the spam filter turned on for my email account. However spam emails continue to be sent to my inbox. I have identified several spam emails and I am still getting spam from the same senders. Why activate the spam filter if it doesn't filter out spam emails. Anyone? Thank you in advance for your help.

4 REPLIES 4

CedrikS
Moderator - Solution Expert

Hi Me. Regarding this spam situation, the spam filter will mostly block them but, if you have more coming in, you could get into your Webmail access to manually filter them.

1- Connect to Webmail: < https://courrielweb.videotron.com/cw/displayLoginEnLegacyResidentiel >.

2- At the left bottom of the page, click on Options.

3- Go up in the left column and click on Local account, messaging and Create filter.

4- Add a new filter and put in the email address that you need to block.

Have a good day!

I'm having the same problems with spam for the last few months.  Consistently the same domain but with random user names so blocking the contact on my phone doesn't work.  I've set up filters on my web mail based on the domain but they keep changing.  The latest are using gmail.com so this is getting around my domain filters.

But the thing is, these emails have no content.  They should be filtered out as spam without any mail filters on my part.  

Happening again for the last few weeks.  Is there no way to filter based on no content?

JFrancoisD

Hello Duane!

In the E-Mail filter configuration my colleague posted above, it is possible to define keywords and other parameters for emails to be filtered based on. 

We hope this helps!

-JFrancoisD