Devices, packages, apps: start the conversation

email to sms gateway... not active

Highlighted
Initiate

Re: email to sms gateway... not active

Just follwoing up on my orginal message. 6 months later, sitll no change on this. 

I just submitted a new ticket through the online chat support requesting the feature again. 

Highlighted
Initiate

You have to activate this service on mentioned mobile number. If it is not activated then you will not receive SMS on mobile it require 49/- charges or something like that.

Click Here : SMSala Bulk SMS Provider

Highlighted
Initiate

I don't think this is an indiviual number thing. It's a basic feature that Videotron de-activated. 

Check this article: https://www.techwyse.com/blog/online-innovation/send-sms-through-email-to-usa-and-canada/

An organization I work with comuniticates with it's thousands of members using an Email to SMS gateway, however, doesn't work with videotron, therefor I don't get important messages I need. I currently have them sending to a friends BELL cell number, and then she forwards to me.... but it shouldn't have to be that way.

For example...this works

xxxxxxxxxx@txt.bell.ca

but there is no videotron option.

Highlighted
Anonyme
Not applicable

@bassmancan wrote:

I don't think this is an indiviual number thing. It's a basic feature that Videotron de-activated. 

Check this article: https://www.techwyse.com/blog/online-innovation/send-sms-through-email-to-usa-and-canada/

An organization I work with comuniticates with it's thousands of members using an Email to SMS gateway, however, doesn't work with videotron, therefor I don't get important messages I need. I currently have them sending to a friends BELL cell number, and then she forwards to me.... but it shouldn't have to be that way.

For example...this works

xxxxxxxxxx@txt.bell.ca

but there is no videotron option.

it's not a service that videotron has desactivated... it's a service that videotron chose not to offer.

Latest discussions