cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some apps do not work on wifi, but ok on LTE

Hello,

I am having a strange issue where some of my applications on my phone are not working when using my Helix wifi, but work normally when I turn off the wifi on my phone and only use LTE.

I can browse normally on my phone when on wifi, and other apps work fine.

Ironically, I cannot use the Helix Fi app on my phone if the phone is connected to wifi, but the app works fine on LTE.

Would anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4

MayaP
Moderator - Solution Expert
Moderator - Solution Expert

Hi James!

In Helix Fi, if you select the phone itself, does it show as being "paused" or if rules are set?

Hi Maya!

Everything went back to normal the next day 🙂

Not sure what happened but all is ok now

Thank you for the response 🙂

James

JulioClay
Initiate

@jamesGH wrote:

Hello,

I am having a strange issue where some of my applications on my phone are not working when using my Helix wifi, but work normally when I turn off the wifi on my phone and only use LTE.

I can browse normally on my phone when on wifi, and other site work fine.

Ironically, I cannot use the Helix Fi app on my phone if the phone is connected to wifi, but the app works fine on LTE.

Thank you

Certainly! To address the issue of certain applications not working properly when connected to your Helix wifi network, try the following troubleshooting steps. First, restart your phone to clear any temporary glitches. If the problem persists, check if the Helix Fi app requires specific network settings or permissions that may be hindered by your wifi network. Review the app's settings and ensure it has the necessary permissions to function correctly on wifi.

Odin
Initiate

@jamesGH wrote:

Hello,

I can browse normally on my phone when on wifi, and other apps work fine.

Thank you

Make sure that the apps experiencing issues are up to date. Outdated versions may have compatibility issues with certain Wi-Fi networks. Update the apps through the respective app stores to see if it resolves the problem.