cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Humming noise from Helix gateway (black)

Hey all! I'm super sound sensitive and have noted a low humming noise from my black Helix internet gateway. On the back, I don't see any model identification, looks like this

WiFi Bluetooth Gateway, Videotron Helix Fi Gateway (stereoplus.com)

I've had this unit for 4 years now, I'm aware there are newer models, such as this white model that has a slightly different shape than the black one

Helix Fi gateway, the basis of Helix equipment | Videotron

For those that have newer models, do you notice any humming noise from it? You might need to put your ear up to it, as I said, i've got extremely sensitive (super human?) hearing, so am looking to reduce appliance / machine / computer noise as much as possible

2 REPLIES 2

Mine does the same thing and it was driving me so nuts I had to move it to a different room across the wall so I didn't hear it anymore. My warranty for it ends in a few months, and I see a new model (white) is available as an upgrade. I wonder if it's also having this high-pitch humming noise issue. Could anyone confirm that?

Same with my unit (black one as well). It was driving me so nuts I had to move it to a different room across the wall from my home office. I wonder if the new white one has the same issue or not as mine is going to be out of warranty in just a few months and I wish to upgrade.