cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic DNS settings for Helix Fi Gateway 2

Hello,

Just received the Helix Fi Gateway 2, and was not able to find where to enter the dynamic dns information

In the previous router from Videotron (ZyXEL), there was a place to select provider (no-ip.com) username and password. I can't find this in the new Helix Fi Gateway 2 router.

Any ideas how to enter this information?

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3

BerengerL
Moderator - Solution Expert

Hello,

It is not possible to configure DNS in the gateway settings, however you can do such manually for each device. Hope that helps, have a nice evening!

That's not quite what I'm after. DDNS is Dynamic DNS, which is not set by the device, it is usually set by the router. The previous videotron router (zyxel) had spot for that in the settings. The workaround is running a program on the computer that updates the server as to the IP address of the device.

MayaP

Hi! I'm afraid there isn't any DDNS options available in the gateway. And if there is, it could be in its internal page (10.0.0.1), which is out of of the official support scope. This being said, you are free to use any personal routers by placing the gateway in bridge mode.