cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Streaming Spotify from Helix to a Yamaha RX-V4A

JohnG
Initiate

I have Helix TV and a Yamaha Rx-V4A receiver. The receiver has WiFi and is able to stream music from various sources such as Amazon and various radio stations that also broadcast on the Internet.

What I would like to do is "forward" Spotify from the Helix box to my receiver (no TV). Is this possible and if so how do I do it??

The Helix app I installed on my Samsung phone is of no use or I'm missing something.

5 REPLIES 5

JoéCL
Moderator - Solution Expert
Moderator - Solution Expert

Hello John. Welcome to the Community ! 

As of now, it is not possible to cast from other devices onto your Helix TV terminal. The Spotify app is also  not available for use yet, but we do take in consideration your interest . 
-Joé 😸

The Yamaha supports Spotify Connect, why go through Helix? Just forward the stream from the Spotify app from your phone or tablet when on the same local network.

No, directly forwarding Spotify from the Helix box to your Yamaha receiver likely isn't possible. Here's why:

• Helix limitations: The Helix system isn't designed to stream audio directly to external devices like receivers. While it can play Spotify through the TV's speakers, it lacks the functionality to cast audio to another device.
  • Receiver's app support: Although your Yamaha receiver supports music streaming, it likely relies on built-in apps like Amazon Music and not services like Spotify. This limits its ability to access Spotify directly.

However, there are alternative ways to achieve what you want:

1. Use the Spotify App on a Phone/Tablet:
  • Download the Spotify app on your smartphone or tablet (if not already installed).
  • Connect your phone/tablet to the same Wi-Fi network as your receiver.
  • Launch the Spotify app and log in to your account.
  • Use the Spotify app to cast music to your Yamaha receiver. Most Yamaha receivers with Wi-Fi offer Chromecast or AirPlay functionality, allowing you to stream audio from your phone/tablet.
  1. Explore Bluetooth Streaming (if applicable):
  • Check your Yamaha receiver's manual to see if it supports Bluetooth audio streaming.
  • If it does, pair your phone/tablet with the receiver via Bluetooth.
  • Play Spotify on your phone/tablet, and the audio will stream through your receiver.

Additional Tips:

• Consult the Yamaha receiver's manual for specific instructions on using Chromecast, AirPlay, or Bluetooth.
  • If you're unsure about your receiver's capabilities, search online for its model number and keywords like "Wi-Fi streaming" or "Bluetooth audio" to find relevant information.

Yes, I agree with you exactly. I had the same problem and it was solved by the solutions you provided

Thank you for your honest opinion.