cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMC??

Just received a letter stating that AMC will NO longer be available with Videotron as of Feb. 12, 2018...WHAT???  They have to be kidding me!!!!!! I guess that I'll be going back to Bell- they have it!

24 REPLIES 24

Verdun
Chevalier

Yeah, I just saw on Cartt.ca that Videotron found AMC to be too expensive.

distox
Chevalier

Yep, got the same letter. I wonder if AMC raised their prices or is Videotron cutting costs? I'm thinking of Bell as well but are they thinking of cutting AMC as well. Not worth jumping over if Bell cuts AMC as well down the line.

We got the same letter this afternoon.  I don't care for Bell, but it's a concern if they decide to cut AMC.

What other alternatives do we have.

Do as a did...  Just watch your AMC show on Netflix...  The only problem with this solution is that you will have to wait one year.  On the plus side, you will be able to binge watch all the episodes the same day instead of on each week.

Yeah... looks like videotron will lose a lot of clients over this... me being the first to go.

Yeah... looks like videotron will lose a lot of clients over this... me being the first to go.

... and to add insult to injury, I just got an email stating that the 15 Channel Show-Time option will increase 95 cents and the Internet Hybrid Fibre 120 will increase 1 dollar per month. Talk about bad timing.

I wonder if the monthly cost of the "A la carte" Move Network package will be adjusted after AMC is removed.

I called customer service about AMC and they gave me a $3 rebate for 24 months on the Superstations package (which included AMC).

Maybe but AMC is gonna get cancelled on the Super Channels too. 

So what difference does it make ?

Bell likely has a much larger English speaking subscriber base than Videotron, so it is less likely that they would cancel. Plus they now have a competitive feature that differentiates them from Videotron: AMC! I would probably switch back to Bell if they ever put Fibe in my building.

If videotron drops AMC I will be switching to another carrier after 42 years. Any suggestions anyone? I was looking at bell as I live in Montreal ???

Can someone tell me if bell is reliable because I have to switch. If AMC is no longer offer I will have to switch after 42 years. Might as well give the 350$ a month I am paying to another company. I live in Montreal When I contacted videotron the agents were not helpful at all. This is a very bad experience in client services

I started shopping at Bell last week who told me they are not dropping AMC but I have been with videotron for decades and wonder how the service is with them. Any comments? Thanks

42 years with videotron and I have to leave just for that reason myself but I watch AMC all the time si I will not wait a year to catch up on my episodes that is for sure

bits1965 wrote:
I started shopping at Bell last week who told me they are not dropping AMC but I have been with videotron for decades and wonder how the service is with them. Any comments? Thanks

I had been with Bell for over 40 years, and left them about 6 months ago due to their inability to deliver on many promises to install fibe in my apartment building. I had Bell Satellite (which was excellent), a land line and internet. Internet was very slow: maximum download speed was 6 MB/S. Certainly not sufficient for streaming HD content. Videotron came in at a similar price with download speeds in excess of 100MB/s. That was the only reason I switched to Videotron. While I am really upset that they are removing Amc from their lineup, it is not a dealbreaker. However if I see them removing other channels such as FX or TCM, then I will need to consider other alternatives such as switching back to Bell Satellite TV. In my opinion, what they should have done was offer a streaming only option for AMC. While it wouldnt have been a perfect solution, it would have helped.

I have AMC and Sundance and both are being discontinued.  The only offer that customer service had was to assist in changing channels.  There are no other movie channels in my package.  They suggested FX Canada.  Murdoch mysteries over and over. 

They need to to at least offer some alternative. 

Coming at the same time as a rate increase of 8 bucks a month, 4 of which is for TV this is not very good optics for Videotron. More like what I was used to with Bell.

Good news everyone! 

We have reached an agreement with AMC to our mutual satisfaction that responds to our regional market reality. It is thanks to a lot of effort and perseverance that we have been able to make our clients' voices heard.

We invite you to contact us in order to keep the channel in your line-up: http://www.videotron.com/residential/contact-us

Vincent Quigley 

Your Community Manager