cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VoLTE: ETA on if and when this will launch on Videotron

evoMR
Chevalier

Just switched from Rogers for a much better customer service experience, and much more affordable prices. Just wondering if anyone had any idea on if and when VoLTE will be launched on Videotron? They already have the devices, and their LTE network is actually pretty decent already. 

45 REPLIES 45

I asked , they don't have plan to improve their service.

@Jeagerjaques Then that would be a terrible idea.

As long as Videotron hasn't made a public annoncement, take the rest with a grain of salt. 

SarahL
Moderator - Solution Expert

We are always concerned about offering the best products to our customers, so we will introduce calls on LTE (VoLTE) as soon as the technology is tested and stable, which is on its way to completion.

how about wifi calling? coz my bedroom is in the semi-basement, usually i have to go upstairs to do the calling, because of the bad cellular signal. 

PatrickM

Hi @Jeagerjaques

We are unable to provide a specific date yet but we confirm that the Wi-Fi calling is in development and planned for 2017.

Have a nice day!

Patrick 

iOS 11 is coming, will videotron update for the VoLTE and WiFi-calling too ;)?

JoséeC

Hello,

We don't have any information yet,  but let us be hopeful for the near future 😉  

JoséeC

JoséeC wrote:

Hello,

We don't have any information yet,  but let us be hopeful for the near future 😉  

JoséeC

Josee, Patrick said in 2017, which is coming to an end. So it seems like you guys do have information on that. 
I dunno if you missed it or anything but please verify information before posting it on the forum.

Thanks.

JoséeC

Hi,

There might have been a misunderstanding. To me the question was, when VoLTE will be launched on Videotron? Therefore, in my answers I was talking about a date of release, and not about whether the service will be offered or not by Videotron. Sorry about that Smiley Wink

JoséeC

Apple Watch 3 is also coming , need VoLTE support. Will videotron join the party ?

Would we be able to get a target date that Videotron is looking at in terms of VoLTE rollout as well as wifi calling? Just looking at Freedom Mobile and they were able to roll both features out alongside their LTE network rollout.

Many thanks in advance

CedrikS

Hi evoMR, regarding the VOLTE service, we are aware that this is a rising technology and rest assured, Videotron will announce it as soon as it becomes available. We do not have an ETA right now but, it's being tested. Thank you for taking the time to write to us, have a good day!

Technician_08
Initiate

This comment has been edited by [CedrikS] on [October 23rd, 2017, 16:03].

Hello! 

VoLTE is currently being worked on. No date of availability for this feature has been announced yet, but stay tuned as it will be announced in due time!

Hello, I'd like to know what Technician 08 wrote and why you edited it. We are all waiting impatiently for this feature to come out so please don't hide things from us... (asked very nicely and politely by a huge fan of Videotron)

AlexD

Hi Subnormalfever, 

We edited the message because it was misleading the customers with an information that is not correct. To make sure there is no confusion, the comment has been modified. As soon as we will get more infos about the release of the VoLTE, be sure you will be the first informed. 

Hope it clarifies the situation.

-Alex D

Question to the Moderator (or any Videotron employee). Will VoLTE be available to all Videotron customers with capable devices, or only Videotron purchased phones?

I know the other carries support BYOD. Videotron should support that. And besides, now you can check your SIM card VoLTE in your online account now