cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTE+ signal on Videotron's LTE network

evoMR
Chevalier

Does anyone know if Videotron deployed an LTE-A network in Ottawa? I've been getting LTE+ on Galaxy S8 Plus on Videotron's own LTE network in Ottawa. Previously, I had to roam on Telus to get the LTE+ on my phone.

Cheers

5 REPLIES 5

evoMR
Chevalier

So for anyone still interested, it seems like they have deployed LTE band 12 here in Ottawa (700mHz).

I was hitting down speeds of around 44 Mbps and ups at around 11Mbps near the Tunney's Pasture area.

I have only gotten the band 12 reading in this area. Everywhere else I go, it's usually band 4 and the occassional band 7

They most probably did! I know it’s been implemented in Quebec at least since Dec. 2017.

CT
Chevalier

Boo! I don't see LTE+ on my G6 and I live around Lansdowne and work around Vanier area. 

CT
Chevalier

I also can't seem to force LTE when manually selecting PRTNR1 or PRTNR2 networks here. 😞 When I was in Toronto this past weekend, I got LTE on PRTNR1.

LTE on PRTNR1 won't work in Ottawa as I think Rogers locks it down in the Ottawa region. I think this maybe due to Rogers not wanting to grant access to their LTE networks wherever Videotron has towers, since Videotron customers can roam on Rogers without any overages. I've been able to get LTE and LTE+ no problem on the PRTNR2 though, though of course you can't exceed 50% usage for three consecutive months