cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei Mate 20 Pro - VoLTE support

Ipse
Samurai

I see that P20 pro is listed in the "supported phone list" but not Mate 20Pro.

Is the list just not updated yet or the device is simply not supported?

Sefcond question: if my current account is VoLTE enabled (and working) do I need to do anything extra when the phone IS actually supported?

27 REPLIES 27

@Anonyme Too bad - for Videotron customers, VoWiFi is  LOT more useful than VoLTE since you can use it overseas without the need for roaming.

One can only hope...at least we're half way there and in a better spot that when I started the thread 🙂

Called again after the latest software update and was told again " not compatibile with Videotron VoWiFi". Not sure what to make of that as I mentioned testing with Rogers and having it working.

Can't claim I understand what is involved, but it doesn't look impossible to me to finally get this feature working. 

Some of us work in large  concrete buildings where the signal is blocked by all the metal in the structure - can't get close to a window every time I want to make a call. Or receive one.

It could be coming soon for the Mate 20.  The new Huawei P30 that will be available in a few days is compatible with WiFi Calling :  https://videotron.com/residential/p/mobile/mobile-devices/mobile-phones/huawei-p30-pro/A-presSkuP30P...

That's adding insult to injury 🙂

P30 Pro has the same SoC/modem as Mate 20 pro and yet it supports VoLTE and VoWiFi out of the box.

Crickets from Videotron about the discrepancy above ^^^^....blows my mind why this is still a problem. I travel to US and have to move the SIM to the old S7Edge so I can use VoWiFi. #dumb

CedrikS
Moderator - Solution Expert
Moderator - Solution Expert

Hi Ipse. Regarding this feature on the Huawei Mate 20 Pro, we hear you but right now it's not yet available. We understand the incomprehension regarding this but rest assured, we are taking note of your interest and as soon as we have more information, Videotron will inform their customers. Thank you.

Anonyme
Not applicable

@CedrikS wrote:

Hi Ipse. Regarding this feature on the Huawei Mate 20 Pro, we hear you but right now it's not yet available. We understand the incomprehension regarding this but rest assured, we are taking note of your interest and as soon as we have more information, Videotron will inform their customers. Thank you.

with what's going on with Huawei right now in the USA, I wouldn't put my hopes too high for any kind of updates on these devices. Sadly Trump is working really hard to kill this brand in the USA (and elsewhere in the world besides China). 

Buster
Initiate
As of today,with last night's carrier update... Wifi Calling is available. Call Videotron to activate service then go to settings to complete service. Still haven't tried, so can't comment on quality. VoLte also works.