cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Havent received my promotional from Nov 2019

This is my last resort before I file a formal complaint. During a pre-black Friday event in 2019 you were offering a free Samsung tablet. At the time I was on a bring my own phone plan so there was no need to change. But taking advantage of the promotion prompted me to change my phone. Since there was no stock available, the sales rep told me I would receive it once stock was available. Up to now I have followed up several times and at one point a supervisor was supposed to call me back within 24 to 48hrs. It's been a month. And I'm sure the person who answers this post will tell me to call and talk to a rep. What do I do?
5 REPLIES 5

mcrootay
Chevalier
Log in to your customer center, go to support and enter a chat with customer service. Describe your story in detail, including the promises made by various Videotron agents, and see what the CSR says. By going through this channel, you'll have an indisputable written record. There is not much more that you can do right now, except to keep following up until you get your due but at least by documenting it you strengthen your case. Don't forget social media - these companies don't like complaints aired on social media for all to see so they will generally address it. Post your story on FB and tag Videotron (just make sure you control your language & anger or you'll erode your own credibility).

Did all of that already. I have chat history from customer service, twitter posts and on FB videotron community page.

Oh geez. That's surprising and disappointing. Yeah you've put in enough effort, it might be time to warn them that you're going to file a complaint with the CRTC. Sorry man.

@mcrootay wrote:
Oh geez. That's surprising and disappointing. Yeah you've put in enough effort, it might be time to warn them that you're going to file a complaint with the CRTC. Sorry man. McDVOICE

There is not much more that you can do right now, except to keep following up until you get your due but at least by documenting it you strengthen your case. Don't forget social media - these companies don't like complaints aired on social media for all to see so they will generally address it.

@derekchin08 wrote:
This is my last resort before I file a formal complaint. During a pre-black Friday event in 2019 you were offering a free Samsung tablet. At the time I was on a bring my own phone plan so there was no need to change. But taking advantage of the promotion prompted me to change my phone. Since there was no stock available, the sales rep told me I would receive it once stock was available. Up to now I have followed up several times and at one point a supervisor was supposed to call me back within 24 to 48hrs. It's been a month. And I'm sure the person who answers this post will tell me to call and talk to a rep. What do I do? MGD

I'm sorry to hear about your frustrating experience. It seems like you have already made several attempts to follow up on the free Samsung tablet promised during the pre-Black Friday event in 2019. Since the sales rep assured you that you would receive it once stock was available, it's understandable that you're disappointed with the lack of progress. Before filing a formal complaint, I suggest trying the following steps:

1. Contact the customer service department again: Reach out to the company's customer service and explain the situation once more. Politely express your dissatisfaction and emphasize the long wait and unfulfilled promises.

2. Ask to speak with a supervisor or manager: Request to escalate the matter to a higher authority who may have more influence in resolving the issue. Clearly communicate your frustration and disappointment, while remaining calm and polite.

3. Document all interactions: Keep a record of each communication with the company, including dates, times, and the names of the representatives or supervisors you speak with. This documentation can be useful if you need to escalate the issue further.

4. Review the company's complaint procedure: Research the company's policies regarding complaints and see if there is a specific process you need to follow. This information may be available on their website or by contacting their customer service department.

5. Consider other avenues for resolution: If your attempts to resolve the issue directly with the company are unsuccessful, you may want to explore other options. This could include seeking advice from a consumer protection agency, filing a complaint with a relevant regulatory body, or seeking legal advice if necessary.

Remember to remain patient and persistent throughout the process. Hopefully, by following these steps, you can find a satisfactory resolution to your situation.