cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily traveler pass, do I need it? Can I deactivate it?

tekums
Initiate
After landing in Maui I received a notification that the Daily Traveler Pass was activated even though I have us roaming as part of my plan.

Here are my current plan details:

INDIVIDUAL ACCESS CANADA-US
LONG-DISTANCE CANADA TO USA
UNLIMITED TSF/TPC
UNLIMITED TSF/TSF
DAILY TRAVELLER PASS
CONFERENCE CALL
VOLTE
CALL DISPLAY
CALL WAITING
VOICEMAIL SERVICES
UNLIMITED MESSAGES
UNLIMITED MESSAGES - US
MOBILE INTERNET CAN/US - 15 GB
MOBILE INTERNET CAN/US - 25 GB
UNLIMITED MINUTES US
ADD. DATA ALL-INCLUSIVE OFFER

Also I noticed that this statement was included on the Daily Traveler Pass webpage "You may already be benefitting from the option to use the services included in your plan while roaming in the US, in which case you will not be billed for using them."

Just looking for some clarification on whether I need/can deactivate the Daily Traveler Pass.

Thanks!
1 REPLY 1

GenevièveF
Moderator - Solution Expert
Moderator - Solution Expert

Good afternoon Tekums !

Our Canada/USA plans allows you to use your device without roaming charges while traveling to the USA, including Hawaii, Porto Rico, United States Virgin Islands and Alaska.

These plans include unlimited local and long-distance calls to any where in Canada, towards the United States, and the use of calls, text messages, and data in the United States, for a maximum of 120 days a year, calculated beginning on your initial date of subscription.

Any other type of call would generate roaming fees (ex: you are in Hawaii and call a friend in Mexico, that would not be covered by your plan).  Excess data fees, and other applicable fees not included. International calls made while roaming in Canada and the United States are charged at a flat rate of $1.45/min.

"Bon Voyage" SMS are automatically sent once your device is detected outside of Canada, however, we confirm there will be no daily traveler's pass fees if you use your device in the USA and covered areas with a Canada/USA plan. 

Have a great trip !