cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple watch 3 support on videotron

Hello

Why Videotron is not supporting Apple Watch 3 ?

I see Bell is the first carrier and Telus is coming a little after!

Videotron is planning to have support in near future?

if not, why?

Regards,

Khalid

12 REPLIES 12

kaledkureshi wrote:

Hello

Why Videotron is not supporting Apple Watch 3 ?

I see Bell is the first carrier and Telus is coming a little after!

Videotron is planning to have support in near future?

if not, why?

Regards,

Khalid

The lack of Wi-Fi Calling, VoLTE and no Apple Watch 3 support in sight are reasons why I left for Telus.

I'm waiting for those to get back to Videotron (at least Wi-Fi Calling and VoLTE).

AlexisM
Moderator - Solution Expert

Hello Kaledkureshi! At this specific release, Apple chose to offer this product to a limited number of operators. We care currently negociating with them and evaluating the different possibilities. As of now that's all we can say but stay tuned, we'll keep you informed over our different platforms, including this one of course!

Regards,

-Alexis

I do not find this as a plausible answer. Apple would want to get the Apple Watch 3 in as many consumer hands as possible. Therefore, I disagree with the assertion that they would be limiting the number of rollout partners. What is more plausible as an explanation is that Vidéotron has yet to fully rollout VoLTE. The AppleWatch 3 release partners are all on VoLTE. 

DannyD

Good day Iamtony!

We understand your excitement regarding the upcoming Apple Watch 3. Rest assure that we will notify our clients (and future clients) as soon as we have new information regarding the possible release of this product with our services. 

Keep an eye on our website and publicity to stay informed of all new releases.

Looking forward to assist you again! 

-Danny 

Actually, Apple would prefer you buy the product directly from them because that's how they make their money. Having different companies sell their product means losing money for apple. I do understand that it would make sense to have all providers sell Apple watches but after doing business with them on a business scale they want money and that's their bottom line.

The volte and wifi calling is on the test according to a person who replied my previous question

This is simply not true. Apple sells the AppleWatch 3 with Cellular; the cell phone company (in this case, Videotron) enables the AppleWatch 3 with cellular to pair with the iPhone on its network -- if it has the capability to do so. That's the problem: Videotron's technology currently DOES NOT have the capability to 'share' a number across a hard SIM (in the phone) and the Apple e-SIM (in the watch). You'll be told this flat-out at an Apple store. Videotron, like Telus, is looking at updating its technology to support pairing of devices. The difference is that Telus has publicly committed to doing so before Christmas. Videotron just says "we're working on it." But there is no exclusivity for the roll out. The AppleWatch is not the same volume leader as an iPhone -- for which there was exclusivity on the original roll out. 

CedrikS

Hi iamtony, Videotron is always working hard to get the most out if it's network and when a new technology comes along, Vidéotron ensures that it is 100% functional before the launch and before notifying its customers. At the moment, we do not have specifics regarding VoLTE but be assured we will inform our customers when and if it will become available. Thank you! 

Is there any update from Videotron?  Itis now over six months since the last "update".

We have forwarded your interest for the product to the concerned department. 

But for the time being, there's no new update.

Thank you

Vincent Quigley

Your Community manager

Any udpate on Apple watch SIM support?

I get this but we are now 3 years later and no support. This is actually making me consider leaving videotron for someone who does support it!