Internet & Telephony

Wi-Fi, router, security, data, emails . . . we answer all your Internet and Home Phone questions!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Helix and Google WiFi Mesh network - it works

Just want to share my experience with Helix and Google Wifi mesh network as when I was subscribing no one seemed to know if it would work or not. The short answer is it works perfectly - but requires some manual adjustments.  1. Set-up your helix wif...

Port 25 Blocked on Business Plan & Static IP

Hello, I have a business plan with you guys and a static IP address.I've been told that all ports are open for this plan yet after multiple test. I can clearly confirm that the port 25 is been blocked/filtered. I'm only allowed to pass through port 2...

Resolved! account transfer to another customer

Hi,I will move to an address, where the current owner is using  Videotron, and he is going to cancel use it.Is it possible at Videotron account/equipment transfer to a new customer (to me in my case)? 

rs2021 by Initiate
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Faster upload speed

I've posted this topic multiple times, and I will continue to do so until Videotron I hear any sort of acknowledgement from Videotron. Currently, upload speeds are capped at 50 mbps. This is unacceptably low for 2020, especially in a world where many...

lp0101 by Chevalier
  • 8 replies
  • 8 kudos

New Helix Customer

Hi, I just switched to Helix from Bell and all my devices are working on the new wifi except the following: Google home miniBlink camerasSonos wireless speakers In all of the above, it asks to connect to the product's own temporary network in order t...

Blocked port...

Hello, I have explicitly opened the port range 56000:56100/udp on the Helix app and redirected it to my personal computer. When I run a port scanner available on the web, they all report that the port is closed... How so? Thanks in advance.

Helix and Google WiFi Mesh network - it works

Just want to share my experience with Helix and Google Wifi mesh network as when I was subscribing no one seemed to know if it would work or not. The short answer is it works perfectly - but requires some manual adjustments.  1. Set-up your helix wif...

Cannot port forward using helix app

Each time I attempt to add a port forward it gives me this: We're having some troubleNo matter what I do it gives me that error message, I don't know what to do anymore, same problem persists 12 hours later. Is there something wrong with my router? E...

LordRat by Initiate
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

How do you keep your precious voicemail messages?

If you’re like me, you’ve had voicemail messages from your loved ones saved in your mobile or home phone voicemail for some time. Unfortunately, voicemail is not like a safe, and sometimes these messages are deleted. If you want to protect your preci...

VincentQ by Community Manager
  • 8 replies
  • 5 kudos

I found this in the logs of my helix router

so i found this critical error log in the event tab: 72001004-DHCPv6 Provision - 7 Retries Attemptedit happens each and every time i attempt to port forward. please, can someone help. I can only port forward 1 thing at a time and have to factory rese...

LordRat by Initiate
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Port Forwarding Restricting IPs

Hello, I have recently set up a port forward on my device however I would like to restrict access to all IPs that connect to it externally unless I specifically give access to connect. I do no see an option to restrict port access by IPs. Has anyone ...

lbeaule by Initiate
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Static routes on the Helix Fi Gateway2 (Arris TG4482A)

Hi! Can static routes be set on the Helix Fi Gateway2 (an Arris TG4482A)?I have not found this on the router’s own internal web GUI, nor on the Helix Fi app. My application: I have an internal router behind the Helix Gateway, which serves up my main ...

Fin de contrat

Par 2 fois j'ai communiqué avec le service a la clientele afin que soit terminé mon contrat avec vous car j'ai déménagé a Laval dans un RPA  Si je me souviens correctement le 24 février 24 j'ai parlé parlé avec une femme du Service a la Clientèle et ...

Port forwarding using ip adress - Helix Fi

Hi, I'm trying to portforward a port to a server running linux. I know for a fact the device is connected to the internet via my helix router. However, it doesnt show up in the list of connected device on the app.  Therefore when i try to create a po...

tyrede by Initiate
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Port Fowarding Helix FI App

I have spent the better part of January 2024 trying to setup port forwarding on a handful of PC's. All are connected to the Helix Technicolor CGM4140COM either through a switch or directly via RJ45 patch cable(s). Having been a Videotron / Helix cust...

petebata by Chevalier
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos

Spam Filters / Inbox Error Messages

Lots of spam emails have been getting through lately, so I added some mail filters to automatically move them to the Spam folder. The filters work sometimes, but not always. Some messages go the Spam folder, while others stay in my inbox. Worse is th...

DougCG by Initiate
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Unable toget email messages

I am new to videotron..my cousib has it. But we do not!  Our problem has become confusing. As we all have sent my cousin a email...recieved an email in return...but when we send 2nd or more  we get a unable to deliver email??!!!!Why is this??!!  And ...

Top Kudoed Authors