cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Helix Gateway - Unable to login as admin

Hello everyone;

I'm hoping that someone in this community might be able to help me out.

My problem: I'm unable to login to the HELIX Gateway using the default credentials.

I have tried:

• Username: admin / Password: password
  • Username: admin / Password: the password under the HELIX terminal

I have looked up the vendor's model with all sorts of default username/password combinations. It simply does not work!

I want to be able to login to http://10.0.0.1 to have full control of my network, for example:

• I want to enable MAC filtering
  • I want to fix my VPN problem

I'm really frustrated with the service I received during the installation of my HELIX service about a month ago. The technician completely ignored my request about logging into the HELIX Gateway. He said "you don't need that, just use the HELIX Fi app on your phone". I'm sorry but that's not good enough! I'm paying enough money to have this service.

I have called Videotron about my issue. They said the only real fix is to reset the gateway to its factory settings. However, this really scares me. What guarantee do I have that it's going to work properly? I'm worried about reconnecting all the devices in my network. I'm even more worried that perhaps my HELIX Gateway is faulty.

I would really like to hear from you guys and girls out there. Is anyone else experiencing the same problem? Can anyone provide me with the exact steps to reset my gateway to its factory settings?

I would really appreciate your help and feedback.

Thank you all.

2 REPLIES 2

username :  admin

pw: password

then you will be asked to change the password.

Anonyme
Not applicable
The default password is : password
Usualy the technician change it for thw default wpa2 password that is written under the helix gateway