cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV RATE INCREASE

mjcnyg
Initiate

Has anyone filed any complaints about this outrageous $6/mth (17% in my case) increase ? jesus, where do they get the nerve after an already 14% increase on useless mandatory basic service less than 2 years ago. Unbelievable this company we are basically forced to buy from given the limited competition for old school customers that don't need or want internet. this type of treatment should be protested and outright rejected. they are probably losing clients to these black market boxes that people use more and more to stream and the loyal long time clients are paying the price. what kind of way is that to treat clients. and you always get the same reason for the increase, ''we are striving to provide the best service possible'', give me a break ! it's like saying Mexico will pay for the wall !  I've had it with this company.

• TV
5 REPLIES 5

distox
Chevalier

I feel you! I hate having to pay for channels I will never watch. I have 1.5 years left on a 2 year contract. You think they are going to remember that? Most likely they will pass on the increase on my next bill anyway and I will have to phone them and get them to remove it. I wonder how many people don't bother to call and just accept the increase?

VickyLL
Moderator - Solution Expert
Moderator - Solution Expert

Hi mjcnyg and distox,

it's never pleasant to receive a rate adjustment notification, we understand that. However, this increase is necessary in order to continue offering quality services to our customers while remaining an attractive and competitive option. Several factors influence these adjustements, royalties paid to channel providers, cost of labor and rising equipment costs are just a few examples. 

We will contact you in private to discuss it.

Have a nice day.

Vicky

Vicky, I get that you are doing your job and I have heard that tired song many times before. However, it does nothing to change the fact that customers are being hosed once again for a second year in a row to the total of $9/mth for TV. I just got off the phone with someone in response to my complaint and all he could do is explain the increase and did a nice job of blaming Crave TV for the increase. Where do we live, in Trump world ? blame everybody else. Seriously, you don't think a $6 increase isn't extreme ? it's not acceptable and if you are going to enforce this increase, then get rid of those 2 X $2.99 charges I get every month for Digital access (my derriere !) and HD network access (my derrier X 2 !) off my bill. I think I have paid this for enough time now (many years) and I know you don't charge this to new clients. This will wipe out the increase until the next one comes along.

Anonyme
Not applicable

@mjcnyg wrote:

then get rid of those 2 X $2.99 charges I get every month for Digital access (my derriere !) and HD network access (my derrier X 2 !) off my bill. I think I have paid this for enough time now (many years) and I know you don't charge this to new clients. This will wipe out the increase until the next one comes along.

if you switch to one of the newest TV plans, you won't get these HD and Ditital access charges (yes even for existing customers!).

for my basic tv + 10 channels, I paid less with the new plans compared to my old plans. 

So sometimes, it's completely worth it to switch. 

I understand there may be 1 or 2 options that will be better, but I already scoped out all the packages and no way I will be getting a better rate for what I have. Besides, these new rates have the old 2.99 mth already in the new prices. In fact, I just found out that I am ''overpaying'' for basic cable as the new price is $25/mth and I'm paying 23.99 + 2.99 for digital access fee. When I demanded the satisfaction dept to cancel these 2 monthly 2.99 charges, they said they can switch my basic charge to the new price, that's all and he also said that old 2.99 is already in the new rate of $25/mth. How nice of them to not even tell me I am overpaying for something that is basically useless and manditory. I am so furious with this company right now, I had to file another complaint, this time a complaint about the cust satisfaction dept for being so rigid and cold and throwing in my face that I am lucky to be paying old rates on another a la carte package. Unbelievable what they are doing.