cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lack of english HD channels in my area

I have been a Bell customer for over 20 years.  Last year at some point I decided to switch to Videotron because in my area the internet speed with Bell is capped at 5 megs per second because of the old phone lines.  Videotron in the last few years upgraded all their cables in my area though so with them you can get 200 mps +.  

When I switched I didnt realize how terrible the quanity of HD content is with Videotron in this area though.  For example, no much music in HD, no teletoon, TMN only 1 in HD, the other 3 in standard, Discovery science, The fight network etc etc all only in standard in my area .  The french versions are all in HD.  I switched back to Bell because of this but Videotron called me last week to offer me a deal to come back.  

I checked the english HD content and nothing has changed.  I would love to switch to Videotron for the faster internet speed because who knows when Bell will change their lines to fiber in my area.  I prefer to keep a trio because it is the only way to get a decent price on services.

Is there any reason why in my area there is so little english HD conent?

Thanks for any response.

3 REPLIES 3

JenniferM
Moderator - Solution Expert
Moderator - Solution Expert

Hi DannyFauteux,

We understand the situation. Some HD channels are available on new generation terminals only and on some frequencies that are not available in every area. We are working hard to find a solution and to make the channels available everywhere as soon as possible.

Thank you!

@JenniferMwrote:

Hi DannyFauteux,

We understand the situation. Some HD channels are available on new generation terminals only and on some frequencies that are not available in every area. We are working hard to find a solution and to make the channels available everywhere as soon as possible.

Thank you!

Which terminals show all of the HD channels?

Entertainment music selection is interesting.