illico, TV channels and your favourite series

AMC??

Initiate

AMC??

Just received a letter stating that AMC will NO longer be available with Videotron as of Feb. 12, 2018...WHAT???  They have to be kidding me!!!!!! I guess that I'll be going back to Bell- they have it!

Tags (1)
23 REPLIES 23
Officer

Re: AMC??

Yeah, I just saw on Cartt.ca that Videotron found AMC to be too expensive.

Chevalier

Yep, got the same letter. I wonder if AMC raised their prices or is Videotron cutting costs? I'm thinking of Bell as well but are they thinking of cutting AMC as well. Not worth jumping over if Bell cuts AMC as well down the line.

Initiate

We got the same letter this afternoon.  I don't care for Bell, but it's a concern if they decide to cut AMC.

What other alternatives do we have.

Initiate

Do as a did...  Just watch your AMC show on Netflix...  The only problem with this solution is that you will have to wait one year.  On the plus side, you will be able to binge watch all the episodes the same day instead of on each week.

Initiate

Yeah... looks like videotron will lose a lot of clients over this... me being the first to go.
Initiate

Yeah... looks like videotron will lose a lot of clients over this... me being the first to go.
Highlighted
Chevalier

... and to add insult to injury, I just got an email stating that the 15 Channel Show-Time option will increase 95 cents and the Internet Hybrid Fibre 120 will increase 1 dollar per month. Talk about bad timing.

I wonder if the monthly cost of the "A la carte" Move Network package will be adjusted after AMC is removed.

Disciple

I called customer service about AMC and they gave me a $3 rebate for 24 months on the Superstations package (which included AMC).