illico, TV channels and your favourite series

A little disappointed with my new Samsung 4K PVR

Viking

Re: A little disappointed with my new Samsung 4K PVR

I noticed something odd last night. One of my chanels (651) does not longer shows on the guide but the unit keeps recording from it.  I have previously set it to record Marvel Inhumans and last night when I was trying to tune in to see it live it was not there nor did it showed on the upcoming recordings.  So I watched the show on 607 instead and recorded it too.  This morning, I got both recordings showing on my unit.

Really ackward, will need to reach out to tech support I guess.

Moderator - Solution Expert

Hi @samrec

There were several changes with channel positions in November in order to group the channels according to their theme and improve the browsing experience through the program guide. The ABC channel at position 51/651 was moved on November 1st and is now located at 86 is standard and 686 in high definition.

Let us know if you have any issue. Our technical support can also verify this in more detail. You can reach them at: http://www.videotron.com/residential/contact-us.

Chevalier

Were the channel changes the result of the software upgrade from 1.0.5.2. to 1.0.5.3?  What other changes did the upgrade give us?  Is there a list of all the channel changes somewhere?

Hi @distox,

The change is at the program guide level and has no link with the firmware. Unfortunately, there is no list of the incoming channel changes available on your end but we certainly take note of this as a suggestion.  However, a notice is displayed sporadically on the channels scheduled to be moved two weeks before the change of position to notify customers.

For the 1.0.5.3 OS, it is mainly bug fixes to improve the performance of the device and reduce the occurrence of error messages.

Initiate

I had problem with version 1.0.5.2 Smiley SurprisedS freezing.  I still have the same problem with the version 1.0.5.3 Someone else here have got the same problems?

Chevalier

For me, there seems to be a new freezing problem too. Sometimes when I hit the skip back button the picture freezes for about 5 seconds than resumes. The freezing I mentioned in my first post is still there.

Hello santorro!   We have sent you a private message in order to assist you more effectively with those issues.

Chevalier

Well, the firmware on my PVR has been upgraded once again to version 1.0.5.4 from 1.0.5.3 and once again I do not see any user available changes.  Anyone else get this upgrade and notice something I missed?

Highlighted
Chevalier

Well, first of all, happy new year to everyone! Since I first started this thread, there has been 2 firmware updates. Neither of which addressed any of the issues I listed in my first post. So, who checked off the 'Solved' box? I had hoped that by now, something would have improved. Let's hope that the new year soon brings some improvements.