Advice, tips, and new products

WPA-compatible devices: the list

Responsable éditoriale

Preserver - Now Here_EN_1200x627.jpg

This is the list of consumers’ WPA-compatible wireless devices using Cell Broadcast distribution.

Find all the details about the Alert Ready Service in our forum's article here

A50

Alcatel

DTEK50

BlackBerry

Pixel 2

Google

Pixel  2 XL

Google

P10

Huawei

P10 Lite

Huawei

P20 Pro

Huawei

G5 LG 

G6

LG

G6+

LG

Q6

LG

LG Q Stylo

LG

X power 3

LG

Galaxy A8

Samsung

Galaxy Note 8

Samsung

Galaxy Note 9

Samsung

Galaxy S7

Samsung

Galaxy S7 Edge

Samsung

Galaxy S8

Samsung

Galaxy S8+

Samsung

Galaxy S9

Samsung

Galaxy S9+

Samsung

Xperia X

Sony

Xperia XA1

Sony

Xperia XA1 Ultra

Sony

Xperia XA2

Sony

Xperia XA2 Ultra

Sony

Xperia XZ2 Compact

Sony

CAT S31

Caterpillar

Moto Z2 Play

Motorola

Moto Z3 Play

Motorola

Moto E5 Play

Motorola

Moto G6

Motorola

Moto G6 Play

Motorola

5 Comments
Initiate

Sorry!  Wrote my post in French. Here it is in English. Can you tell us what is the status of the LG G5 and of the Samsung A5? They are compatible with Alert Ready on other networks in Canada and the USA.

Community Manager

Hi @Jean-Marc

We are trying to update the list as quickly as we can to incorporate most mobile phone we offer. This is list will be updated regularly with the newly compatible devices. Keep an eye on this list for new updates!

Vincent Quigley

Your Community Manager

Officer

I'm disappointed to see that my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (Model Number SM-N910W8, Android version 6.0.1, purchased from Videotron) is not included in this list. It is WPA-compatible, 4GLTE connected (with the LTE sim card). I have never received a test message - does this mean Videotron will not include my number in case of emergency? Thank you.

Initiate

Why are Apple IPhones not yet supported??? Your competitors all support Apple IPhones, but you do not. This is a serious omission and could have serious consequences. I live in the Ottawa region and did not get the Tornado Alert that everyone on other carriers received(I have an IPhone 8). Please correct this ASAP!!!! 

Initiate

I agree with Netrunner1974. My iPhone 6S meets the 4G LTE qualifications, yet it’s not on the list. Thank goodness I was following the weather on Friday and knew to keep a look out for Gatineau’s tornado, but how many other Videotron iPhone users were in a bad spot because of this omission?