cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stars of the Month: August

VincentQ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Once again, we’re shining the spotlight on three members of the Community!

August’s stars of the month are people who actively engage in conversation and encourage other members of the forum to participate.

That’s why we’re giving them some recognition this month, along with the chance to use a personal photo for their profile.

Star #3: @Anonyme

What are your interests and hobbies? What adds sunshine to your day?

I enjoy target archery (concentric) and obviously all things related to technology (electronics). I also really like smartphones and related devices. My spouse of 13 years always manages to bring sunshine into my days when the “skies are grey.”

What motivates you to participate actively in the Community?

I spent 15 years working as an IT technician. I had the chance to do a little of everything, including computer set-up and repair, as well as server or network equipment installation and configuration. I was responsible for all the computer equipment assigned to 50 users. This included managing their cell phones, which were primarily BlackBerry devices. I participate in the Community because I’ve always enjoyed sharing my experience and knowledge about computers and related fields, even though I no longer work in this area.

Star #2: @Pipou

What are your interests and hobbies? What adds sunshine to your day?

I’m a little on the hyperactive side, so I spend a lot of time with friends, going to concerts, seeing exhibits, exploring new places. I also do dancehall dancing—it gets pretty crazy! On weekends, I try to get some air and spend time outside whenever I can. But if the weather doesn’t cooperate, then I can easily spend hours watching Netflix!

What motivates you to participate actively in the Community?

Basically, whenever I ask a question, I receive a very useful answer. That’s why I make a point of regularly scanning the conversations to see what people are talking about. I find that people are very responsive and have relevant things to say. This makes the Community extremely practical when you don’t want to spend hours searching for the answer to your question!

Star #1: @LevelUp
This star was already one of our July finalists, but his involvement in August takes him to the top of the rankings this month! 

Congratulations to all three of our stars!