Advice, tips, and new products

Helix: We answer the 10 most frequently asked questions

helix_equipements_header_@2x_375x238.jpg

Helix is here! And your enthusiasm for the product is impressive. You have several questions for us, well we have answers.

Here are the answers to the 10 most frequently asked questions you had about it:

When I subscribe to Helix, do I have to get TV service as well?

You can get Helix Internet and the ultra-smart and powerful Wi-Fi that comes with it without signing up for Helix TV. Discover all available Helix Internet Plans here.

I have many TVs; how many Helix TV terminals do I need?

You need one Helix TV terminal for each TV you want to connect to Helix.

Do I need a router to use the Helix Fi Gateway Wi-Fi?

The Helix Fi Gateway is an all-in-one product that combines the features of a modem and router. It delivers optimized, stable and powerful Wi-Fi to all connected devices.

Will I get to keep my recordings if I switch from illico to Helix?

No, illico recordings and settings cannot be transferred to Helix. To quickly reschedule your daily recordings, simply use the voice command; say the name of the show you want to record and select Record in the menu that opens.

With Helix, can watching TV slow down my Internet connection?

Not at all! Helix technology is designed to provide an enhanced entertainment experience, including quick access to all your content on any screen, whether you’re home or away, and higher Internet speeds.

Is Helix TV only available on TV?

No! You can use the Helix App on mobile or online to watch content when you’re away, no matter where you are. Get more details on the apps here.

Can I move my equipment after the technician installs it?

During the installation, the technician sets up the equipment to ensure optimal performance and give you the best Helix experience possible. We don’t recommend changing anything after the installation.

How do I find content to watch on Helix?

The Voice remote is your best friend! Using it makes it easy to find your favourite shows, movies, series, channels and actors. You can even use keywords to get suggestions based on what you’re in the mood for. See this article for voice command ideas. Note that you can also access the search menu by pressing the HELIX button on the Voice remote.

How do I protect my children from inappropriate content and prevent paid content purchases with Parental Control and the Purchase PIN?

When you enable Parental Control in the Helix Fi App, you get to choose which content can be accessed by your household’s devices or the mobile devices connected to your Wi-Fi network. Enabling the Purchase PIN allows you to restrict paid content purchases in Helix.

How can I get answers to my other questions?

The Support site is your ally, do not hesitate to consult it. You can also ask your question to the Community in order to have access to its wisdom.

Do you have more specific questions? Stay tuned for upcoming communications, you will soon have the opportunity to ask our Helix experts.