cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cottage coverage

I inquired on FB re. cell coverage up north, as I am thinking of changing from Rogers, this is the feedback I received, can someone about be blocked after using 50% of data...

Videotron fonctionne très bien, le seul hic c’est que si tu prends plus de 50% de tes données à La Minerve il te bloque complètement l’accès a ce réseau le mois suivant car la tour ne leur appartient pas. La tour appartient à Telus et Vidéotron on une entente avec eux pour leur « louer »

C'est 50 % hors zone pendant 3 mois consécutifs , mais il bloquent effectivement ..
2 REPLIES 2

Anonyme
Not applicable

this is somewhat true... 

if your usage on partner's networks (Bell and Telus shown as Videotron PRTNR2 on your Videotron's device) is over 50% of your total usage for 3 consecutive months, they may block all "partners roaming". 

my understanding is not 50% of your allocated data plan... it,s more like if you use 5GB on partner network and your total for one month (videotron and partner networks) is 7GB even if your plan has lets say 15GB, your usage is over 50% (5GB is 71% of 7GB).

that said, I believe Rogers has the same rules... so if you were fine with Rogers, you should be fine with Videotron too. 

If you roam and Roger's network within Quebec (shown as Videotron PRTNR or PRTNR1), this does not count toward this 50% limit. 

@Anonyme wrote:

this is somewhat true... 

if your usage on partner's networks (Bell and Telus shown as Videotron PRTNR2 on your Videotron's device) is over 50% of your total usage for 3 consecutive months, they may block all "partners roaming". 

There is no "may block", it will be blocked. It's an automated system.

@Anonyme wrote:
my understanding is not 50% of your allocated data plan... it,s more like if you use 5GB on partner network and your total for one month (videotron and partner networks) is 7GB even if your plan has lets say 15GB, your usage is over 50% (5GB is 71% of 7GB).

Exactly, it's more than 50% of the total monthly usage donne on PRTNR2