cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VoLTE: ETA on if and when this will launch on Videotron

evoMR
Chevalier

Just switched from Rogers for a much better customer service experience, and much more affordable prices. Just wondering if anyone had any idea on if and when VoLTE will be launched on Videotron? They already have the devices, and their LTE network is actually pretty decent already. 

45 REPLIES 45

MyriamM
Moderator - Solution Expert

Hello!

We do not have any information to share regarding VoLTE as of now.

Rest assured that as soon as we can talk about it, we gladly will!

Thank you!

evoMR
Chevalier

While it's great to see that VoLTE has finally been launched, I must say that to not launch with Android support was a little disappointing, especially since I purchased my device through Videotron.

Mods and staff at Videotron, could we please get an ETA on VoLTE deployment on android devices?

Many thanks

iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 plus support it now. Will iPhone 6s support it as well ? Or I have to upgrade my iPhone?

Jeagerjaques wrote:
iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 plus support it now. Will iPhone 6s support it as well ? Or I have to upgrade my iPhone?

I was told in-store, yesterday and today, that it would be available on all of their capable devices on the first week of December. So, you should definitely be fine with your 6s.

PatrickM

Hello @Nick, @evoMR, @Jeagerjaques, @TwitchyPuppy

At the moment, VoLTE is only available for iPhone 7 and 7+ models either, BYOD or purchased from Videotron, since its launch. We would like to reassure you that we are working to offer this service on the largest number of certified compatible devices. Other models will be eligible in time but we have no official information that can be confirmed at this point.

We are sorry about this inconvenience and thank you greatly for your patience. 

@PatrickM It’s interesting that it’s only available on 7 and 7 Plus yet I have an 8 Plus and VoLTE works perfectly. More misinformation, yay!

It’d be nice if you guys either:

A) Agree on an answer.
B) Reply with something generic until you have official information.

@TwitchyPuppy, don't be too hard on them. The new iphones are new maybe they were not aware it will work with the new ones too.

I just hope they get them for Android

@samrecBeing aware of their network functionalities is on them, though.

And yeah, for Android, I was initially told first week of December but I heard so many different answers. I wouldn’t hold my breath.

BB-8
Super utilisateur
Super utilisateur

TwitchyPuppy wrote:
@PatrickM It’s interesting that it’s only available on 7 and 7 Plus yet I have an 8 Plus and VoLTE works perfectly. More misinformation, yay!

It’d be nice if you guys either:

A) Agree on an answer.
B) Reply with something generic until you have official information.

i disagree for the part B, we come here because we want to talk to some human. i really hate these generic information they can give ( on facebook by exemple)

Hi @BB-8

We try everyday to get back to you guys with the more specific and «human» answers possible. It's important to understand however that we are sometime bound by the information the business is willing to divulge publicly. 

I think one of the strengths of the Community is that all of you can chime in with the information you have and help answer the questions of other Community members. 

I'm proud of the Community we are building and I will thrive with the help my moderator colleagues to bring you the most up to date information possible. 

Hopefully this sheds a bit of light on the situation. 

Vincent Quigley

Your Community Manager

BB-8
Super utilisateur
Super utilisateur

@VincentQ 

I'm totally agree with you and i understand the challenge you can have with the information you can (or can't) give. 

I was just disagree with one on the comment where they ask you to give an "generic answer" where i really dislike.

Thanks for the answer anyway 🙂

Still no news? Any chances for S6 family to be on the white list?

Level variantions of 3G in my area are killing me since I moved here (2013).

CedrikS

Hi rtserban, we will give more information as soon as we have it, do not worry.  Right now, if you have an issue with your network coverage, please reach our technical support by chat or by phone. They will take the time to analyze the situation: < http://bit.ly/FB_Contact_Us >. Thank you.

I see that Samsung S7 was added to the compatible devices list, does this mean that S6 will never be added?

Since more than 2 years ago when I bought my phones, I discussed many times with customer and technical service about my phone call issues (loosing calls, loosing signal during calls, etc.), but I never got a reliable solution and last times we always end just by trusting that VoLTE will be brought to my devices too (S6 Edge & S6 Edge+) and hopefully will solve these issues.

rtserban wrote:

I see that Samsung S7 was added to the compatible devices list, does this mean that S6 will never be added?

No, it just means the S7 was the first phone chosen to start this with. 

The number of supported phones so far is limited to 4 since the service is fairly new.

-The S7 / edge

-iphones 7/8/X (and their "+", equivalents).

We'll have to give this service more time so we can see new phones start supporting it.

​Well, I really needed a good phone asap, so I "upgraded " to an S7. Obviously, from S6 Edge+ to S7 is not quit an upgrade, but as a phone S7 is miles away, works much better even on the regular network and VoLTE and Wi-Fi calling work perfectly too. I think there is a serious issue between S6 line and Videotron's network, my second phone on my contract, an S6 Edge, has the same problems like my S6 Edge+.

evoMR
Chevalier

so after a little idgging into VoWifi and VoLTE on the S8 and Note 8, it seems the targeted release date is in spring 2018:

https://forum.videotron.com/t5/News/Everything-you-need-to-know-about-Wi-Fi-Calling/ba-p/7067

I just updated by S8+ to Android this morning and it told me that VoWifi was now available but I needed a VoLTE sim card. I will be switching SIM cards later tonight and test to see if indeed the newer Samsung's have this feature

so switched to a VoLTE sim card and the VoLTE and VoWifi options both appeared. However I can't register for the VoWifi and I don't have anyone I can use VoLTE with at the moment 

@evoMRwrote:

so switched to a VoLTE sim card and the VoLTE and VoWifi options both appeared. However I can't register for the VoWifi and I don't have anyone I can use VoLTE with at the moment 

-Do you have the VoLTE service activated in your account before activating VoWIFI? (gotta call to do so)

-Are you connected to a wifi network while trying to activate VoWIFI?

I was connected to wifi when trying to register for VoWifi. I shall call later today to activate VoLTE

Thanks!