cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shut Down doesn't shut down

basic
Disciple

No matter what time of day I shut down my phone, it turns itself back on automatically at exactly 9:58 AM. The only way to keep the phone off is to remove the battery. There are situations where I must have the phone turned off, but I can't.

There are no timers set.

I have tried resetting everything to factory settings.

I had the phone exchanged but the new one has the same problem.

Has anyone else seen this problem and found a fix for it?

Alcatel Pixi 4 4.5

6 REPLIES 6

hi @basic   look at your schedule sower on and off in Android Steps
  • Go to Settings.
  • Under "System" section, tap the Scheduled power on & off.
  • Now, you can see two options. The first option is for Scheduled power on and the second option is for Scheduled power off.
  • Click on the first option.
  • Tap the Time option. Select the time to power on android automatically.
  • Select the Repeat frequency as per your need.
  • After you select both options, click on "Done" at the bottom. You can see the Scheduled power on is enabled.
  • Click on the second option.
  • Select the Time and Repeat frequency.
  • Click on "Done" and you can see the Scheduled power off is enabled.
Scheduled power on and off
Schedule power off automatically

Hi Vodka56MTL,

The option for "Scheduled Power On & Off" does not exist anywhere on my phone.

It must have been set at the factory for 9:58 AM and I can't disable it.

Alcatel Pixi 4 (4.5) with Android Marshmallow.

AlexD
Moderator - Solution Expert

Hi Basic, 

Have you tried to do a factory reset on the phone without entering any google account address? That way, you will  make sure that the issue is not caused by an application that is installed in the phone. If it still doesn't work, you might have to contact the technical support so we can take a look at the situation with you. 

-Alex D

Hi AlexD,

Yes, I did a factory reset and the problem remains. I took it back to the Videotron store and they exchanged it with another which has the same problem out of the box.

AlexD

Hi Basic, 

In that case, the best solution to fix the problem would be to contact the technical support again to get the situation escalated to the right department. You can reach them buy chat or by phone. 

-Alex D

The issue turned out to be caused by "Do Not Disturb" rules. Even though these rules cannot be set to directly power-on the phone, their mere presence causes the side effect of booting the phone once a day.

There are several pre-installed rules. After deleting all these rules the device now remains turned off indefinitely.

These rules are found under Settings -> Sound & notification -> Do Not Disturb -> Automatic rules.